New Calgary Flames Alt...

SteveToms

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Reebok doing a complete redesign of the NHL's uniforms for next season I would say that it is pretty unlikely that you will see the Flames' alternate jersey be a throwback jersey.

Wait a sec...

Have I been out of the loop for too long? Anyone else heard bout this?

you're very very very out of the loop.

think olympics uniforms... for the whole league.

Won't be quite that drastic. From what I understand most uniforms will be staying the same, although some of the more complex designs will be toned down.

For example, the Hurricane Flag stripes on the Carolina jerseys will be gone, and probably the striping on the Ottawa 3rds, and Atlanta jerseys and replaced with more basic, less original striping.

For example, the Hurricane Flag stripes on the Carolina jerseys will be gone, and probably the striping on the Ottawa 3rds, and Atlanta jerseys and replaced with more basic, less original striping.

Oh so they're just taking everything new and original and cool that teams have done with their jerseys and getting rid of them. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

1zgyd8w.jpg

I happened to see a page from RBK with next years designs..are you guys ready?!?!

I think there was about 10 differnet patterns on the page..each team will use one of 10 patterns

No pattern had horizontal stripes like the current jerseys have.

Most patterns have stripes along the side of the jersey and coloured shoulders (like the blue shoulders on the Leafs 3rd)

The jersey quality is equivalant to the new Team Canada jersey. The crest is not as heavy dosen't have a raised feel.

The following teams will be using new logos: Boston (believe it or not), Buffalo, Anaheim, Pittsburgh and Washington.

And the worst part of all....all jerseys have to be tucked in to the pants!! and the pants will have the players number on the front.

I happened to see a page from RBK with next years designs..are you guys ready?!?!

I think there was about 10 differnet patterns on the page..each team will use one of 10 patterns

Most patterns have stripes along the side of the jersey and coloured shoulders (like the blue shoulders on the Leafs 3rd)

The jersey quality is equivalant to the new Team Canada jersey. The crest is not as heavy dosen't have a raised feel.

The following teams will be using new logos: Boston (believe it or not), Buffalo, Anaheim, Pittsburgh and Washington.

And the worst part of all....all jerseys have to be tucked in to the pants!! and the pants will have the players number on the front.

Could you link us to that, please?

Oh man, those all better still be in the "concept" phase, if this story is the real deal.

You mess with classic designs like the Habs, Hawks, Wings, Rangers, and Leafs, you better get ready for bloodshed at your corporate headquarters. Dump the Bruins' "B," and prepare for rioting in the streets. No horizontal striping? Then what the hell do you do to decorate a jersey? Make it all color panels and piping?

New logos (intentionally not mentioning Boston, lest my blood boil and I end up with night terrors from visions of that alt jersey becoming the primary):

Anaheim, Buffalo: Seems like we've been talking these up forever, so no big surprise. Does Anaheim's new logo still quack?

Washington: Hey, you've already got a great primary logo. You might want to consider putting it on the front of your home jerseys sometime. But I could maybe see a shift back to red, white, and blue, just to keep themselves from looking like the Wizards.

Pittsburgh: Didn't we just do this a couple years ago? Unless the new logo is a hitchhiking penguin holding a cardboard sign that reads "Kansas City," what's the point of rebranding something that was just rebranded?

As for the tucked-in bit... I want you to go to your closet right now and grab a long-sleeve T-shirt. Put on a pair of shorts. Tuck in said shirt. This is how silly the premier hockey players in the world will look in 2006.

Numbers on the pants, I don't have an issue with. Heck, there used to be giant numbers on the front of hockey sweaters, and some teams have been able to pull off front numbers of a more recent vintage (the Chicago Cougars and Quebec Rafales come to mind.) With tucked-in form-fitting jerseys and what sound to be butchered designs, I don't think pants numbers are going to be an issue here.

All of this, of course, hinges on whether what's being posted here is legit, and whether any of these designs will ever find their way past a printed page. For the sake of all of us, man, I hope not.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

By chance was this Reebok representative all excited about the changes or did he seem more like a hockey purist that was unhappy with the new designs? What kinds of reactions did you have to those designs?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown |Ā šŸŒĀ Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon SportsĀ šŸ”—
spacer.png

Is the NHL doing like the CFL did this year?? Choose a pattern and be done with it? What the hell? I can't believe the NHL would do such a thing... Where's the originality???

I can't believe Reebok would be stupid enough to change the Original 6 uniforms... And the NHL is trying to surface back from the lockout, and they would let Reebok change the image of all teams???

I really hope there will be rioting everywhere, so that they don't change.

Plus, how many stitch lines could we see on Canada's jersey during the World Junior Championships?? That's way to many panels... One for front shoulder, one for back, one for nameplate, one for the numbers, a part under the number, another one for the bottom of the jersey, one on the forearm, one on the arm, and a couple in front...

One word: ridiculous.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrƩal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

They are insane. People in Pittsburgh will flip out if they change the skating penguin. It already happened, for god's sake! Look how fast they brought it back. Not NY Islanders Fishstick-man fast, but given league rules and turnaround time I think they pretty quickly realized that changing the primary logo was dumb.

Any last bit of credibility the NHL had with people is going to be shredded by this.

1zgyd8w.jpg

And the worst part of all....all jerseys have to be tucked in to the pants!!

STOP RIGHT THERE!

HOCKEY JERSEYS ARE NOT TO BE WORN TUCKED IN . END OF FRICKIN' STORY ! !

NOTHING gets under my skin more than when I see some dildo at a hockey game with his jersey tucked into his pants! Every guy who does that invariably looks like some kind of Burt Reynolds dude stuck in the 80's with a cheesy moustache and Sasson stonewashed jeans on.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Its about time that that 15 yo's bad logo was finally changed. Its always been an eye sore to me in all its innaccuracies....(o god I f'ed that spelling up!)

yeah it's so bad an inaccurate they should just up and change it because some shoe company wants to ruin the entire league

1zgyd8w.jpg

I sure don't like the sound of this... mostly because ther is absolutely no proof! Give me proof and I'll believe this.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived