Bad NBA Uniforms

bucskick20

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate how wide the 76ers sleeves are.

m7c19x.jpg

"I like your sleeves... they're real big."

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.

Okay, three things, bucskick20:

1. A sleeve does not constitute material on a shoulder. It's the material that covers an arm. Though I will give you that if the Sixers added about an inch on either side of that jersey, we'd have the first basketball sleeves since the Evansville Purple Aces decided to go in for a trim.

2. Grammar. G-R-A-M-M-A-R. Grammar. And "English" is always spelled with a capital E. You're dealing with a mixed group of semi-intellectuals, English majors, and anal-retentives, so you better have your stuff down when you get to typing on this board.

3. Don't like something? That's fine. We all don't like something around here. As a matter of fact, there's all sorts of complaining done round these parts. But here's the critical difference: when most posters put up a complaint, they give a reason. They don't say "it's stupid" and walk away. If they do, they get backhanded for it. The "what" we already know. Give us the "why," and something to discuss, and chances are you'll be met with a lot less hostility than if you just continually go "I don't like this because it's stupid." For example. your saying that the Sixers' jerseys look bad because they are ridiculously wide is a valid argument, and one I couldn't agree with more.

Take this information, bucskick20, go forth with it, and use it wisely. Do so, and happier days await you in this nuthatch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hate how wide the 76ers sleeves are.

m7c19x.jpg

"I like your sleeves... they're real big."

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.

Okay, three things, bucskick20:

1. A sleeve does not constitute material on a shoulder. It's the material that covers an arm. Though I will give you that if the Sixers added about an inch on either side of that jersey, we'd have the first basketball sleeves since the Evansville Purple Aces decided to go in for a trim.

2. Grammar. G-R-A-M-M-A-R. Grammar. And "English" is always spelled with a capital E. You're dealing with a mixed group of semi-intellectuals, English majors, and anal-retentives, so you better have your stuff down when you get to typing on this board.

3. Don't like something? That's fine. We all don't like something around here. As a matter of fact, there's all sorts of complaining done round these parts. But here's the critical difference: when most posters put up a complaint, they give a reason. They don't say "it's stupid" and walk away. If they do, they get backhanded for it. The "what" we already know. Give us the "why," and something to discuss, and chances are you'll be met with a lot less hostility than if you just continually go "I don't like this because it's stupid." For example. your saying that the Sixers' jerseys look bad because they are ridiculously wide is a valid argument, and one I couldn't agree with more.

Take this information, bucskick20, go forth with it, and use it wisely. Do so, and happier days await you in this nuthatch.

Yes, and I evantually gave a reason. I don't like the look of powder blue on white. It is harder to read. It doesn't look very good in my opinion. And again... THIS IS A SPORTS LOGO FORUM! I am not going to make sure I have perfect grammar and spellin on everything. It isn't school or work!

256dy87.jpg

hey, buckskick20, i know your new here, and full of energy, but seriously. Double, even triple consecutive posts are sooooo annoying! Just calm down man, you don't need to post one after the other to get a point across.

Oh an for you, I know I am doing it now, but maybe it's because I don't feel like editing something with a long post and I am gonna leave or something.

256dy87.jpg

magic-shaq.jpg

I have to respectfully disagree on just that one. That whole uniform set is so much better than what they have now, which I consider to be boring. The Magic made the pinstripes work for some reason, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I liked the white home and blue road, but the black w/ white pinstripes I just thought was bad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If only they'd been made actual silver instead of, well, "Hefty Hefty Hefty!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

AW102803.jpg

:puke: Has my vote.

I hated those damn silver unis, those should've been born and died a fashion jersey. Absolutely awful. Silver is one thing, but shiny pewter? Ugh.

Those rocket unis were unique, but looked silly as all hell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually liked the black/red gradient idea for the falcons, but they pulled it off badly. The big swooping hawk was goofy, and they loaded too much onto the unis.

twitter

Archived