Detroit Lions hire Rod Marinelli as head coach

CMUBrent

Marinelli 5th Lions coach in 6 years

Not sure what to think of this guy, as I really didn't follow the Buccaneers. What do Bucs fans think of him?

At least the Lions didn't hire Jim Haslett. :puke: There is no way that they could justify hiring the coach of a team that finished the season 3-13.

I do feel sorry for Rod having to work under a proven moron in Matt Millen. <_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Maybe they can draft Marcus Vick to take out Matt Millen. He's already in trouble with the law, what's a little assault gonna do? In all seriousness, I'd like to see the Lions either actually get some defense or an O-line. Joseph's not that horrible of a QB, he just didn't have any time to throw. Granted, he's not a particularly great QB, but if you give a QB time to throw, they're bound to throw less INTs.

It'd be nice to see Charles Rogers go somewhere else. Considering I don't think he's played 10 games yet in his career(he actually may have played 10, but between 3 seasons, he hasn't played may games), I'd say he was a waste of a first round pick.

Oh well, I'm getting used to this whole losing season thing. Let's go Red Wings.

there have been a lot of "WHO?" hires so far.

first Childress, now Marinelli

weird

I don't know that Brad Childress is the "WHAT?" hire you're making him out to be. His star had been on the rise the last couple of years as the Eagles became the class of the NFC (at least until the Conference Championship... yeah, we know - zip it) and the offense ran so well. This year, he was forgotten about as the team self-destructed beneath injuries and that thing that happened with that guy, ol' Whatzizname that played receiver here.

He's been tabbed as a potential head coach somewhere for a couple years, much moreso than Def. Coordinator Jim Johnson, who is considerably older. Much more than McCarthy in Green Bay, or Marinelli in Motown (which I am convinced was a cost-management issue... it takes very little effort and money to change MARIUCCI to MARINELLI on the letterhead! :P ).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't know that Brad Childress is the "WHAT?" hire you're making him out to be.  His star had been on the rise the last couple of years as the Eagles became the class of the NFC (at least until the Conference Championship... yeah, we know - zip it) and the offense ran so well.  This year, he was forgotten about as the team self-destructed beneath injuries and that thing that happened with that guy, ol' Whatzizname that played receiver here.

He's been tabbed as a potential head coach somewhere for a couple years, much moreso than Def. Coordinator Jim Johnson, who is considerably older.  Much more than McCarthy in Green Bay, or Marinelli in Motown (which I am convinced was a cost-management issue... it takes very little effort and money to change MARIUCCI to MARINELLI on the letterhead!  :P ).

i guess in this part of the country we don't hear much about him.

and it was a "WHO?" hire - not a "WHAT?" hire....as in "Who is that?"

Archived