Tampa Bay Rays Idea

therocheapproach

I like the new fonts and secondary logo on your second set, but I would definitely stick with the navy/lime color scheme. That would be completely unique to Tampa and give them a modern/classic identity all their own.

Awesome concept.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you went back to white jerseys at home. Those sand uniforms would make home interleague games with Padres awkward, since everybody would be wearing sand-colored uniforms with navy accents.

Not sold on the logo - the background looks like it's trying to include too much, and aside form that, you have a batter hitting an orange/ball.

That's really the only thing I didn't agree with - the rest of this is amazing. Great stuff.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

TBRochelime.gif

I actually liked the deep red color scheme, but this is terrific too. However, a lime-green sun is just weird. You need a yellow or orange sun in the primary, even if you don't repeat the color in the uniform.

Big-league teams almost never have contrasting-color eyelets on their ballcaps. That's more of a college thing. If you want to put the green on the cap, make it the button on top, not the eyelets.

Also, the two-color piping kind of visually overwhelms the one-color TB logo on the home uniforms. I think it needs an outline, or perhaps an offset drop shadow. Or maybe not, but I think it's at least worth trying to see how it looks.

Oh, and don't worry about the cream uniforms. No, they don't look just like the Giants, and no, once-every-three-to-six-years home games against the Padres are not a problem.

20082614447.png

While I like the interlocking TB logo and the secondary and the uniforms are doable. I would like to see a new nickname. The interlocking TB in the lime and navy would be solid for a name like, oh I don't know, the Tarpons :D. I'm not sold on the Rays nickname even though I see where it's going. Otherwise I would like to see a white home jersey in the Florida Panthers-esque colors.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

You know, I can't figure out for the life of me what is in the background of your logo. I can see the sun and I think I'm making out a wave and a coastline, but I can't pick up on the orange in there.

Otherwise, I like it. The green and navy is better than the red and orange, and while having a green sun in the background is interesting, I don't think it's that far a reach that it needs any kind of yellow or orange. I don't know about the "Rays" wordmark on the away, since it doesn't match the interlocking TB, but I think that it's fitting because the same style would look silly across the uniform.

Overall, well done. I like 'em, especially because you chose the sun instead of the sea animal on them.

The batter is in a florida orange grove. I'm working on different ways of representing it because it is somewhat more abstract than I would like. Plus I think changing the sun to a orange color might help. The idea is to put a new identity to the names RAYS than just a fish.

Thanks for the comments. And hopefully some TB owners will catch on.

That interlocking TB logo is SHARP!

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'll be the 1st (suprisingly) to say that these are just horrible.

The interlocking TB is hard to read from any distance. Funny, everyone HATES that neon green when it's associated with the Columbus Blue Jackets or the Seattle Seahawks....now all of a sudden, it's wonderful.

So what exactly IS the logo that you're trying to make? A man golfing in an orange grove?!! What does that have to do with RAYS? Please explain.

SigReflect.png

I forgot to post these together, but I made one with the lime and navy color scheme. I think you guys are right. The navy and lime is more unique.

TBRochelime.gif

this one's great, you can actually tell what the prim. logo is w/ these colors, great job!

(I think a diff. name would go better, but I don't know what)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

TBRochelime.gif

Wow, those are really incredible! I wasn't feeling the interlocking TB logo at first, but the more I see it the more I like it. I'm guessing the logo in the middle is going to be the primary logo. How about instead of it saying "The Baseball Club of Tampa Bay" have it say just "Tampa Bay Rays." When I see the word "club" in an official team name, I think Europe, and the last time I looked, baseball is an American sport.

Horrible, sorry but the lime green is giving me a head ache. Going to the trop and having to look away becuase of the lime colors everywhere does not sound like fun.

But the logo and "TB" look good but a darker green might help?

Oh yeah try to keep the oranges out of the logo on the simple fact that they play in Tropicana Field.

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

I settled on this color combination. Sort of a richer version of the Florida Panthers. The orange represent the sun and citris of Florida. The deep red represents the setting sun and the deep blue represents the bay waters at night and the light beige represents the sandy beaches. For the secondary logo I took inspiration from vintage Florida citris crate labels (the orange grove with the batter hitting an orange in the sunset). I changed the home jersey to a sandy white and included player names, block numbers and sleeve patches.

Is it an improvement?

TBRochedesigns.gif

This is the winner, it is perfect. ^_^

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I love the TB interlocking logo--the Rays (or whatever) need to have something that looks "classic". Maybe that would help people take them more seriously. What they currently have is an improvement over the original gradient dork uniforms, but still doesn't look major league to me.

As for lime green, here it looks really good and fits the home state. I like the color when used on the Seahawks unis (although most don't).

I would prefer it if Tampa Bay was written out on the away uniforms--just a personal bias that I like to see the city/state/location name on away uniforms.

Archived