Thank God!

nsentv

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever mentioned it: I'd love to see Bob Uecker do national games, I'm surprised he hasn't been doing the World Series. Either Fox is dumb or Mr. Baseball just doesn't wanna do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Whoever mentioned it: I'd love to see Bob Uecker do national games, I'm surprised he hasn't been doing the World Series. Either Fox is dumb or Mr. Baseball just doesn't wanna do it.

If NBC gets the games he might be the play by play for the "second team" and might be part of the World Series broadcast along with Costas.

If NBC gets the games he might be the play by play for the "second team" and might be part of the World Series broadcast along with Costas.

I said it b/c whether he is Bob Uecker or Harry Doyle he's absolutely perfect for the job! Uecker is humorous and knowledgable. That's a combination it seems nobody else has anymore. When I'm in Milwaukee, I turn of the TV sound and turn on the radio to listen to Brewers games because of Bob Uecker.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Attn MLB: LCS games belong on free tv...if they're not, you are dumb. What's next, the world series on OLN.

Speaking of OLN, getting the NHL for them was genius. That, and combined with maybe another property, could get OLN the distribution they need to challenge the soulless entity that is ESPN.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

As long as Bob Costas works there, I hope NBC never gets back into baseball.

A little bird tells me that ABC is planning on devoting Saturday night to sports. Next year, they're going to start with college football. In 2007, they might try Saturday Night Baseball or, if you prefer, Baseball Night in America. FOX wants badly to unload the Division Series. The new deal might see ABC airing a couple of these games. This same bird tells me that baseball wants to expand the DS to best-of-seven. Of course, I found out that the NHL was going to NBC when the rest of the world did, so it's not like I'm an insider.

The ratings are quite good for OLN.

You got a source for that information?

ESPN's average rating for hockey was 0.47 - pretty bad. According to this blog, OLN's rating is about half of the ESPN number:

Link

Also check out this little ditty and read the "Bad News" section:

Link #2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As long as Bob Costas works there, I hope NBC never gets back into baseball. 

A little bird tells me that ABC is planning on devoting Saturday night to sports.  Next year, they're going to start with college football.  In 2007, they might try Saturday Night Baseball or, if you prefer, Baseball Night in America.  FOX wants badly to unload the Division Series.  The new deal might see ABC airing a couple of these games.  This same bird tells me that baseball wants to expand the DS to best-of-seven.  Of course, I found out that the NHL was going to NBC when the rest of the world did, so it's not like I'm an insider.

I heard ESPN signed a BBBIIIIIGGGGG $$$$$$$$$$$ :D contract for 8 yrs. with

Major League Baseball to air their games til 2013. :wink2: If ABC locks up the

rights for MLB,their sports catalouge would consist of College Football+B'ball

NBA hoops,NASCAR,the British Open,some golf,figure skating and baseball.

Their announcing team would be as follows:

1.Al Michaels,Tim McCarver,Jim Palmer

2.Brent Musburger,Harold Reynolds

3.Gary Thorne,Rick Sutcliffe

4.Sean McDonough,Tony Gwynn

The ABC baseball studio team would consist of :

Chris Berman,Rob Dibble,and Peter Gammons

I'm done for today.The End.

:flagusa:

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

I don't think Fox wants any part of baseball for a few years after this debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if this contract is just for a couple years or so to decide which direction MLB wants to go with their broadcasts. Do they want to split between networks like they always did in the past, or go back to a single network? The most logical thing is that they sign with ABC for 2-3 years, and split the first round of the playoffs with the Disney networks, then ABC gets both LCS and the World Series (since they don't have conflicts with MNF anymore). If ratings are too poor the first year, switch one LCS to ESPN, so you can show another exciting installment of The Bachelor:Bangkok

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Yea I agree Uecker was good I dont know why he never really got a chance to do National Games.

Uecker actually did national games for ABC when that network took over the Monday Night Baseball contract from NBC in the late 70's.

I think there needs to be more hockey on TV, and maybe FOX will pick that up in baseball's place?

That would be awesome. What I remember of NHL on FOX, it was pretty good. NBC and FOX for the NHL? That would be great.

Anyways, I'm glad FOX is gone from the MLB, Buck really started to get on my nerves.

Archived