AJHL Logo Contest Entry

AAO

Hey AAO...

If you are cool with the fact I didn't rip you off then we are cool. BUT.....

Imagine your absolute FURY if I had seen YOURS and posted here over and over that YOU had ripped ME off? I know you didn't see mine before I submitted so you couldn't have ripped me off but imagine if I HAD accused you... now tell me how furious YOU would be.

Knowing that you had no idea I had done it....and that my submission was literally done over the course of the hour after I visited the AJHL site I was going to let it slide.....but as my own pride and honor were called into question over and over my head finally exploded.

You have always had a style that is similar to one that I have developed over the course of 12+ professional experience. This style of crest comes very naturally to me and little pencil to paper is even needed anymore when creating a crest such as this.

I am sorry if you think I saw yours and ripped it off.... as I said I did no such thing.

One thing I have learned over the years is that I can say that until I am blue in the face and someone with the emotional attachment to their own design that you have with yours, that sees gross resemblence boardig on ripoff, that person will never truly believe me and that I cannot control. So be it.

I know the truth, I would never associate my name with a ripoff of a design...why the F*@& would I risk my professional reputation over a junior hockey logo?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Respected and understood. I'm just baffled it ended up being you. I trust you didn't rip me off, and I believe someone with the caliber of your talent wouldn't do that. So I apologize, take it for what it is, just a misunderstanding.

You're right, I would be mad if someone blamed me for ripping off someone. I'd rather put out a :censored:ty design than rip someone off.

Not to hijack, but I thought it better than starting a whole other topic for something from so long ago. I made this after seeing the contest posted and then completely forgot about the deadline. For some reason, I thought it was exactly one month after the actual date. It's a shame, because I thought I had a good chance with this design.

ajhl.gif

Anyone else do up a logo that they either chose not to enter or didn't end up on the final list of choices? I'd love to see what other people came up with, because I know there weren't just 10 designs made.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Apology accepted....

But you know the crappy thing about this whole ordeal is that logo and my name will forever be linked to a "ripoff" controversy here on the board and that is the saddest part of this whole thing.

I know I will no longer be submitting designs here for C&C and in contests where other CCSLC members will be submitting.....

simply isn't worth the headache that can come from it.

Yeah that is too bad Matt, cause I really like your design. Its a unique take on the shield logo.

And damn Ian, I haven't seen a burn like that since this one chick in my CAD class last semester. I thought it (#4) looked similar to RedEye's work when I saw it.

Most of my work is done in the apparel field, not the sports logo field, where my work is constantly submitted to buyers who don't know me and have no concern for my hard work or feelings...

but one of the skills that I've had to develop since the beginning of my career is working hard and putting effort and inspiration into your designs, but NOT getting emotionally attached to them. the rest of the world will treat the art as a piece of meat, judging simply based on whether they like it or not. you may or may not agree with them, but if you submit something for someone else's approval, you'll have to take the judgement that's given. I just think it's one of those life skills you acquire as you move on, but I've found it's much easier and makes for better work if you can be happy about the successes, but let the frustration about the failures last only momentarily.... and never take it personally.

just my .02...

interesting though, AAO, that you were so adamant that this was a ripoff based on visual evidence, and that it was soooo clear..... interesting that that wasn't the case at all. the other lesson is don't make accusations unless you can back them up. it just so happens that in this case the other party stepped up to defend themselves...

I agree #4 is stronger, though neither is bad. but look at #4, figure out why everybody responds better to it, and work that into your future work...

Archived