"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

Just to clarify, are you saying they will be wearing these new uniforms after the break, or announce the new changes after the break, in time for 2006/07

As far as my "inside" information... its a full re-branding reveal after the break. But thats a good question. I'll have to get back to you about that.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to clarify, are you saying they will be wearing these new uniforms after the break, or announce the new changes after the break, in time for 2006/07

I believe hes saying they will introduce them, and hype them for next season. This is actually pretty good, because they will be on the new Reebok jerseys, so we will get a sense of how all the teams jerseys will look next season. I actually kind of like the sound of orange/green, if done right, it could lock slick, but the logo is kind of scaring me. Now that this guy is actually providing some descrpitions, hes gaining some credability...good job bro, I hope your not jerkin us around.

Hey, thanks for having my back bro. Trust me, I'm not here to F with anyone.

I don't see any reason not to have an open mind about the whole thing.

I appreciate you coming here with your info. Should be interesting to see it when released. From those colors, should be ugly.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Mmmm...rumors...

I think they should change to the Anaheim Rubber Ducks. That way amare's logo could easily slide. (no pun intended)

But i'm cool with UMiami colors. Orange and Green look awesome together. If anyone remembers Whchoclte's Hawaii Scorch set, it looked amazing there.

I wonder if they'll sign Fulton Reed, simply because they lack true punch on the power play.

:P

And as far as changing name and jerseys midseason, are we absolutely sure it can't be done? You could just basically roll out the new jersey as an Alt and end up wearing the alts as much as you want. This way you get an early punch in merchandising, you get an extra boost from the publicity you'll get for even doing it.

I believe this rumor. When the Arrowhead Pond is used for basketball, the court's colors are black, green, and bright orange...perhaps that's the reason for the color change.

And remember folks, the Dallas Mavericks "switched" logos midseason when they introduced the horsehead, but didn't change until the following season. So a change mid-season is not too out of the question.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'll keep an open mind on this info because I've been in the same situation with some info I got from a guy that does voiceovers for EA Sports football games. I knew something, told an NCAA board about it and they ripped me as a liar. In the next few weeks, I imagine several of those people will be eating some crow.

If it's true, we'll know soon enough. I'm kindof waiting to see if Pantone has anything to contribute to this thread first.

As for him being new, it's not exactly unheardof for an established source to start a new identity to reveal some VERY inside info.

I'll keep an open mind on this info because I've been in the same situation with some info I got from a guy that does voiceovers for EA Sports football games.

You know the guy that does the "EA SPORTS...IT'S IN THE GAME!" and "MADDEN NFL..2006!" voice overs? If so - badass!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And remember folks, the Dallas Mavericks "switched" logos midseason when they introduced the horsehead, but didn't change until the following season. So a change mid-season is not too out of the question.

The White Sox broke out the uniforms they still use to this day in the 2nd half of the season some years back. This wouldn't be the first time, although the timing is suspicious. The world (and NHL) are pausing to put the best players on the world stage, and an NHL team steeped in tradition all the way back to the early '90s thinks it's high time to tell the world they're getting new sweaters?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And as far as changing name and jerseys midseason, are we absolutely sure it can't be done? You could just basically roll out the new jersey as an Alt and end up wearing the alts as much as you want. This way you get an early punch in merchandising, you get an extra boost from the publicity you'll get for even doing it.

heh, it could be done. I remember the last year the Blues used red, they used their now-current whites as their third jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And remember folks, the Dallas Mavericks "switched" logos midseason when they introduced the horsehead, but didn't change until the following season.  So a change mid-season is not too out of the question.

The White Sox broke out the uniforms they still use to this day in the 2nd half of the season some years back. This wouldn't be the first time, although the timing is suspicious. The world (and NHL) are pausing to put the best players on the world stage, and an NHL team steeped in tradition all the way back to the early '90s thinks it's high time to tell the world they're getting new sweaters?

Chisox wore em for the last month in 1990... the jays unveiled their new uniforms in sept '03 and tried to wear them but mlb wouldn't allow it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

And remember folks, the Dallas Mavericks "switched" logos midseason when they introduced the horsehead, but didn't change until the following season.  So a change mid-season is not too out of the question.

Remember the new Jays set was launched...in may or june...or was it september, so deep into the season, but wasnt used till the next season.

I think if done right (dark blue, orange oilers use today) it could look very slick, especially if they have a slight matalic tint to them.

I swear I remember hearing somewhere that all the unis for next season are supposed to be shown during or after the olympic break.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Actually, the White Sox only wore the new uniforms for the last home series -- it was the final games at Old Comiskey -- and then there was a short road trip after that, I know there were some games in Boston, where they broke out the new road uniforms.

I believe I read at the time they knew they had a great look and wanted to get stuff in the stores for the Christmas season. It was all about the money.

I was at the last two games at Comiskey. It was not handled as well as the last games since.

I'll keep an open mind on this info because I've been in the same situation with some info I got from a guy that does voiceovers for EA Sports football games. I knew something, told an NCAA board about it and they ripped me as a liar. In the next few weeks, I imagine several of those people will be eating some crow.

If it's true, we'll know soon enough. I'm kindof waiting to see if Pantone has anything to contribute to this thread first.

As for him being new, it's not exactly unheardof for an established source to start a new identity to reveal some VERY inside info.

What did you tell them?

spikes.jpg

Archived