"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

I'll keep an open mind on this info because I've been in the same situation with some info I got from a guy that does voiceovers for EA Sports football games.

You know the guy that does the "EA SPORTS...IT'S IN THE GAME!" and "MADDEN NFL..2006!" voice overs? If so - badass!

David Hayter does those. You know, Solid Snake.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's true, we'll know soon enough. I'm kindof waiting to see if Pantone has anything to contribute to this thread first.

Me? I'm not nearly as "connected" with the NHL as I am with the other major leagues.

Don't have any information one way or another on this one.

One correction - the Oilers wear Midnight Blue, Metallic COPPER and Red. The Orange went away after the 1995-1996 season.

Here are the current colors:

EdmontonOilers_FRC_2006_SOL.jpg

Here are the old colors - for comparison:

EdmontonOilers_FRC_1996_SOL.jpg

Man, Aquaman is one of the stupidest superheros of all time. Really, who cares about a hero that can talk to fish? How is that practical?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Man, Aquaman is one of the stupidest superheros of all time. Really, who cares about a hero that can talk to fish? How is that practical?

You've only watched the Super Friends, haven't you?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

B)

Man, Aquaman is one of the stupidest superheros of all time.  Really, who cares about a hero that can talk to fish?  How is that practical?

You've only watched the Super Friends, haven't you?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

B)

Not to further hijack the thread, but DC Comics always seemed a bit dorky to me. Just saying..

Of course I haven't read much of anything since 1991, so take my opinion for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I'm sure the upcoming Aquaman movie starring Vincent Chase will do a lot to improve the beleaguered character's image.

As for the Ducks using orange, it makes sense to me seeing as how they play in Orange County - a region which is taking great pains to dissociate itself from the greater Los Angeles community.

I'll keep an open mind on this info because I've been in the same situation with some info I got from a guy that does voiceovers for EA Sports football games. I knew something, told an NCAA board about it and they ripped me as a liar. In the next few weeks, I imagine several of those people will be eating some crow.

If it's true, we'll know soon enough. I'm kindof waiting to see if Pantone has anything to contribute to this thread first.

As for him being new, it's not exactly unheardof for an established source to start a new identity to reveal some VERY inside info.

What did you tell them?

Well, I've had three different people, including the voice over guy (but not the "It's in the game" guy) tell me that EA is re-naming NCAA 07 to "ESPN College Gameday." One of thsoe people also told me that they were following to model that they unveiled with the re-branding of the MVP series and changing the year associated with the game to be the year of the release, making this years' game "ESPN College Gameday 2006"

That's the info I was given. If it's wrong, so be it.

Well I don't have much to add to this, other than I think it would be sweet if it is true. Those colors should look great on a hockey sweater.

Slightly o/t, while browsing the Ducks website to look for clues, I noticed their Sunday package where you get 4 tix, 4 dogs, 4 sodas, for $42. You can't get one cheap seat in the Wachovia center any day for less than that. I'd be there every Sunday, eat the 4 dogs, drink the 4 sodas, and stretch out across the other three seats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't really see what's wrong with Orange and Green. If used right they don't look so bad. It has been done before in sports...

miami.jpglg_mcgahee_ap.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't really see what's wrong with Orange and Green. If used right they don't look so bad. It has been done before in sports...

miami.jpglg_mcgahee_ap.jpg

They should've kept that uniform style, and just added sticthed numbers and lettering like what they have on the new uniforms. I'd prefer my future alma mater to look like that rather than what they have now.

Teams just can't up and change their nickname, logo, uniforms, and colors in midseason. Definitely a bogus post.

But the Might Ducks changed uniforms in the middle of a ga...Whaddya mean it was movie? Charlie Conway isn't an actual hockey player? You're kidding me.

you guys remember the columbus blue jackets?

midway through the season, they dropped the lime green soldier bugs off of their shoulders, to coincide with their new alternate sweaters, and the new more serious military style logos.

but i still don't think there's any way in hell they change colors mid-season. especially considering that next season is a complete redesign anyway.

Archived