"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly o/t, while browsing the Ducks website to look for clues, I noticed their Sunday package where you get 4 tix, 4 dogs, 4 sodas, for $42. You can't get one cheap seat in the Wachovia center any day for less than that. I'd be there every Sunday,  eat the 4 dogs, drink the 4 sodas, and stretch out across the other three seats.

Actually, the Flyers family sections (222/222A) have $20 adult/$10 kids seats. The final batch (April games) go on sale on next week (February 1st) at 10 a.m. Considering I pay $40 for a similar seat at the opposite end, it's a good deal, but the downside is they often hand out thunderstix to those sections and it drove me batty the one time I sat there. I didn't notice them at tonight's game, though.

You can't get a hockey deal like the ones some other teams offer in this town unless it's for a Phantoms game. :(

For Caps games, you can get 4 "Eagle's Nest" seats for $20

I'm familiar with that promotion. :) I couldn't do the 4 for $20 since I went alone, but I did get a $10 Eagle's Nest seat for the New Year's Eve matinee in DC between the Flyers and Caps. It cost me more to drive down there and back than it did to go to the game.

Re: green Ducks jerseys...well, the original movie ones were predominantly green.

I don't buy a mid season change. Why now? Oh well. I sense the colors might be right, but the name and logo might be different.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I checked out Mightyducks.com and it says that on the 29th ownership will have a "State of the Franchise" where fans can attend.http://www.mightyducks.com/press/feature/article.php?dir=200601&id=1193

Could this be when they announce the possible new look?

Or maybe they'll announce an invasion of Syria.

I hear they don't agree with the pro-Kings government.

While this does smell a bit, it's not as unbeleivable as some of the other rumors on here regarding the NHL (black red wings jerseys, etc.) It's pretty clear that the Ducks will be changing their image for next season. The NHL just got out of a lockout, and they could use the publicity during the long olympic break to stay in the news.

But even if Mr. Vicious is being completely honest, when I read "I'm sorry, that's the only information I have" or "I'm sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it," my mind automatically translates it to "I am the financial officer for a recently deposed South Yemenese dictatorship..."

I guess time will tell.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I'm sorry, I couldnt resist, this is what insomnia does to you (insomnia induced by realizing your nation is now conservative; your team (leafs) losing once again...to Ottawa and; the house you wanted to live in next year was just givin away to someone else right when you were going to sign the lease.)

Quack.gif

EDIT: I just realised "MD" isnt the best logo to have on the shoulder...considering they are just the "ducks."

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not bad Matrix.. I imagine (hope) the green will be a little darker though.

Thanks, but I didnt really feel like alterin colours, I just took the Photoshop swatches, and tweaked Anaheims 3rd, and the D on ducks is even a lil foot! I was originally going to work with the existing 'ducks home jersey, but thought it wouldnt work well, then thought about usin an 80's Oilers model, but kinda forgot, due to, you know, lack of sleep, thus an insomnia concept.

What I REALLY want to see is a team have a yellow home jersey...the Kings made them look so, so good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So is anyone else excited that Disney will finally be purged from professional sports? Those Angels jerseys were certainly regrettable, and it's nice to see a pro sports team soon to be called just "Ducks."

The mallard is certainly an underused sports namesake, and considering we have falcon, eagle, oriole, cardinal, and blue jay in circulation, duck makes a fine avian influence.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't really see what's wrong with Orange and Green.  If used right they don't look so bad.  It has been done before in sports...

miami.jpglg_mcgahee_ap.jpg

They should've kept that uniform style, and just added sticthed numbers and lettering like what they have on the new uniforms. I'd prefer my future alma mater to look like that rather than what they have now.

Don't really care for the crap the have now. These were the best Miami unis ever, although I prefer the green over the orange. But when I think of those green ones, it reminds me of how ABC kept playing McGahee's injury over and over and over and over... :puke:

Not a joke or a gag. Like any other good reporter I can't reveal my source just yet, but you have to trust me on this. I'll even give you a description of the logo.

Slanted Text much like the 3rd jersey, with Anaheim stacked on top of Ducks with a webbed foot making the letter D in ducks.

Isn't that similar to what the Ducks wore at the end of the first movie as their team uniform? (remember the Disney cartoon duck debuted in MD2)

It's been, jesus, over a decade probably since i saw the Mighty Ducks but I vaugely remember dark green uniforms with slanted, possibly gold lettering.

Slightly o/t, while browsing the Ducks website to look for clues, I noticed their Sunday package where you get 4 tix, 4 dogs, 4 sodas, for $42. You can't get one cheap seat in the Wachovia center any day for less than that. I'd be there every Sunday,  eat the 4 dogs, drink the 4 sodas, and stretch out across the other three seats.

Actually, the Flyers family sections (222/222A) have $20 adult/$10 kids seats. The final batch (April games) go on sale on next week (February 1st) at 10 a.m. Considering I pay $40 for a similar seat at the opposite end, it's a good deal, but the downside is they often hand out thunderstix to those sections and it drove me batty the one time I sat there. I didn't notice them at tonight's game, though.

You can't get a hockey deal like the ones some other teams offer in this town unless it's for a Phantoms game. :(

How do you think I feel, our season tickets are in 222A. Great price, but every time they pass the thundersticks me and my dad's way, instead of passing them back, we just bury them under our seat :rolleyes:

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

an NHL team steeped in tradition all the way back to the early '90s

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? "Steeped in tradition"?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

"all the way back to the early '90s"?

Stop it! You're killin' me!

:D:D:D

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

an NHL team steeped in tradition all the way back to the early '90s

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim? "Steeped in tradition"?

"all the way back to the early '90s"?

Stop it! You're killin' me!

:D:D:D

How can you slap the Ducks in the face about Tradition?

First, there was the rocky coaching change from World Junior Champions Gordon Bombay to Prep School Coach Ted Orion to expansion franchise coach Ron Wilson.

And Tradition? Talk about Ironman Hockey, the Ducks only dressed enough people to fill out, what, two lines?

Did Goldberg have a backup when they won as District Five?

Hell No!

Did everyone think they had a prayer when they replaced Goldberg with some chick from Maine?

Hell No!

But when the going got tough the tough got...

Okay, seriously, I can't keep going on about this.

The minute they stop being the Mighty Ducks they can take WildWing and that horrible statue with them. Disney can keep that, the three movies, the cartoon and toy line as far away from the NHL as possible. Hell, if you guys want to move so the LA market isn't saturated with hockey, that's even fine by me. :)

After the Olympic break the Mighty Ducks will be now be offically "the Anaheim Ducks".

Changing the name and the unifroms to a Bright Orange and Green.

Wait a minute, weren't you the guy who tried to fake everyone out with the Houston soccer team logo last month? Nice try.

Uh, no.

Archived