"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the Olympic break the Mighty Ducks will be now be offically "the Anaheim Ducks".

Changing the name and the unifroms to a Bright Orange and Green.

Wait a minute, weren't you the guy who tried to fake everyone out with the Houston soccer team logo last month? Nice try.

No! I'm not the guy who tried to fake everyone out with the Houston soccer team logo last month? This was actually my first post. Long time reader of the board. but, never posted until now.

Just a huge fan of the board, trying to hook my fellow logo fanatics with the low down about the Ducks. So just sit back and wait to see if I'm full of sh*# or not.

How do you think I feel, our season tickets are in 222A. Great price, but every time they pass the thundersticks me and my dad's way, instead of passing them back, we just bury them under our seat :rolleyes:

I just pocketed mine and refused to inflate them at the game when I was in that section. I wish I had thought of hiding them. :rolleyes:

Call me an idiot cause I know some will but would it not be funny if the whole league unveiled their new looks/uniforms during the break??? Think about it... We have new Stanley Cup logo, new conference logos and now the rumour of the Ducks unveiling a new look during the break... What if? Just a thought.

As for the Ducks using orange, it makes sense to me seeing as how they play in Orange County - a region which is taking great pains to dissociate itself from the greater Los Angeles community.

I agree totally. Orange is a perfect color for Anaheim. Very SoCal. I actually wanted them to rename the Ducks the Orange, would have been cool.

I actually wanted them to rename the Ducks the Orange, would have been cool.

What? Duck L'Orange is the name you want?

Brilliant!

Here's what the new logo would be;

duck_a_lorange.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Anaheim should scrap "Ducks" completely--it's a stupid name. My suggestion:

The Orange County Independents

In a homage to the area's indie punk rock heritage, they should be the OC Independents, and make it a theme not pnly graphically, but for the event of a game. Make black the main color with red and white as the secondary colors. Give the team a simple logo (nothing cartoony, no electric guitars), and have the jerseys say "Orange County" on the front with possibly a skate company-inspired logo. Very basic, like a punk rock T-Shirt. They should play punk rock at the games; they can have indie bands play shows after the game, or in the parking lot beforehand. Penny Lane can set up a booth or two and sell local band CDs. You want the rich kid 18-35 demographic? This'll do it. It'll also give them a very unique, very OC identity--teams have names and logos, but I don't know that a team has had a complete theme for the entire event of a game. Take this seriously, and it could really pay off.

I know teams shouldn't need gimmicks to get fans to the game, but if they did it right, it could be cool and non-gimmicky. Either way, it's be a different take on team identity and an interesting experiment, and I think from a marketing perspective, it could work.

Thoughts?

I see it as a good marketing attempt, but I don't think you could do this for a league like the NHL (I could maybe see something like the AHL, however). What you would essentially be doing is trying to force coolness upon hockey by tying in teenage themes. This would probably alienate any of the fans who are, say, over 25, as they aren't up to this pop-culture image of Los Angeles, Anaheim and the surrounding areas.

Maybe a good idea, but it would be very hard to perfect and pull off without some kind of backlash.

Anaheim should scrap "Ducks" completely--it's a stupid name. My suggestion:

The Orange County Independents

In a homage to the area's indie punk rock heritage, they should be the OC Independents, and make it a theme not pnly graphically, but for the event of a game. Make black the main color with red and white as the secondary colors. Give the team a simple logo (nothing cartoony, no electric guitars), and have the jerseys say "Orange County" on the front with possibly a skate company-inspired logo. Very basic, like a punk rock T-Shirt. They should play punk rock at the games; they can have indie bands play shows after the game, or in the parking lot beforehand. Penny Lane can set up a booth or two and sell local band CDs. You want the rich kid 18-35 demographic? This'll do it. It'll also give them a very unique, very OC identity--teams have names and logos, but I don't know that a team has had a complete theme for the entire event of a game. Take this seriously, and it could really pay off.

I know teams shouldn't need gimmicks to get fans to the game, but if they did it right, it could be cool and non-gimmicky. Either way, it's be a different take on team identity and an interesting experiment, and I think from a marketing perspective, it could work.

Thoughts?

hoc.........key?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I see it as a good marketing attempt, but I don't think you could do this for a league like the NHL (I could maybe see something like the AHL, however). What you would essentially be doing is trying to force coolness upon hockey by tying in teenage themes. This would probably alienate any of the fans who are, say, over 25, as they aren't up to this pop-culture image of Los Angeles, Anaheim and the surrounding areas.

Maybe a good idea, but it would be very hard to perfect and pull off without some kind of backlash.

Agreed. In addition, what do you do when that theme becomes unhip and you have to move on the next one? 18-25 year olds are pretty fickle in their trends, so you would need to stay one step ahead to avoid turning them off too.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

New Anaheim Ducks logo --

duckyshotorig.jpg

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Actually Clemente's version is an approvement over the new version of the logo I've seen. Like I said I hope they at least "teak it" some before the big reveal.

Can you imagine a hockey game where thousands of people are squeezing rubber ducks? That sound would drive the players insane. And then when a hat trick is scored, they toss rubber duckies onto the ice and they'll squeak on impact. Hmm... that would interesting.

I actually wanted them to rename the Ducks the Orange, would have been cool.

What? Duck L'Orange is the name you want?

Actually Anaheim Orange. Speaks to the history of orange groves and the sun baked nature of the region. Understand it's not traditional in a naming sense which is why it would never be considered.

Archived