"The Anaheim Ducks" *merged*

Mr. Vicious

Actually Anaheim Orange. Speaks to the history of orange groves and the sun baked nature of the region. Understand it's not traditional in a naming sense which is why it would never be considered.

Actually, there once was a team called the Anaheim Oranges (similar, yet different). World Team Tennis.

AnaheimOranges.gif

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's get this right out of the way:

"The Los Angeles No-Longer Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."

Let the lawsuits between both cities and Disney begin. Could be more entertaining than most Ducks games.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

The Ducks were wearing Reebok jerseys for their skate on the canal the other day in Ottawa. Also as noted, the colors mentioned match the colors for the Pond's basketball floor and would potentially be a visual tie to the Pond's image itself (link to the Pond site). Since the owner of the team is the Pond management, that makes sense, too.

Back to the jerseys. When the lockout was resolved, it was too late to implement the jerseys league wide ... though there was an effort to do so.

From a marketing standpoint, I think it's quite possible that the League would at least unveil new uniforms during the Olympic break to generate a buzz.

Further, it's been known for some time that the Ducks would most likely implement a name and uniform change for next season (the new ownership wanted to do so this season, but didn't have time because of both lockout-resolution and ownership-change issues -- simply put, everyone was too busy getting the product ready for the season).

If the League is going to the new Reebok and the League has approved the change for Anaheim for next season, it doesn't seem illogical that the NHL would do the unveil with Anaheim.

Timing wise, it would be a piece that helps hype the "playoff run" following the Olympic break. That benefits the League and it benefits OLN and NBC. If it's done right, the League uni switch could be timed with the hockey tournament coverage and NBC could pimp it and their NHL coverage throughout the Olympics.

I'm not saying I'm ready to bite on this particular rumor, but there's been enough smoke to think there could actually be a fire.

Has anyone noticed that all this talk of oranges has caused a banner ad for oranges to show up on this page?

Mmmm... citrus-y.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

anaheimducks.com registration information

H&S Ventures, LLC

2101 E. Coast Hwy.

3rd Floor

Corona del Mar, CA 92625

US

Domain Name: ANAHEIMDUCKS.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

H&S Ventures, LLC

jsmith@hsventures.org

2101 E. Coast Hwy.

3rd Floor

Corona del Mar, CA 92625

US

Phone: 949-760-4300

Record expires on 30-Dec-2009

Record created on 24-Jan-2006

Database last updated on 24-Jan-2006

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

For comparison...

Registrant:

Mighty Ducks Hockey Club LLC

2695 E. Katella Ave

Anaheim, CA 92806

US

Domain Name: MIGHTYDUCKS.COM

Administrative Contact :

Cain, Ken

kcain@hsventures.org

H & S Ventures

2101 East Coast Highway

Suite 300

Corona del Mar, CA 92625

US

Fax: 949-759-5707

Technical Contact :

Smith, Justin

jsmith@hsventures.org

H & S Ventures

2101 East Coast Highway

Suite 300

Corona del Mar, CA 92625

US

Fax: 949-759-5707

Record expires on 01-Mar-2006

Record created on 28-Feb-1996

Database last updated on 03-May-2005

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That sounds like the Ducks all right...

BTW Chirs how do you get copyright stuff like that?

It isn't copyright information, it's merely going to Register.com or Whois.CC and pulling up the dot-com names of URLs.

Yeah it's very surprising they registered it only the other day, and organisations will often register alternate versions of their name regardless of whether or not they actually sanction them as "official" names... so I don't see it as evidence of anything.

Brian%20Bowles.jpg

That "D" is right on. Let's hope that we can get something that nice for the NHL Ducks. Although one must admit it isn't always the best when your name rhymes with "sucks". :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Teams just can't up and change their nickname... in midseason.

They can and do... and there's a precedent in the NHL. The California Seals became the Oakland Seals on December 8, 1967.

Marc

minor point it was actually in early November 67 they switched.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Brian%20Bowles.jpg

Anyone else notice this guy is wearing an autographed Ducks jersey for his team picture? :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The idea of Anaheim unveiling their new name and look during the Olympic break has some merit, at least to me up here in Western New York.

The Buffalo Sabres will have new jerseys for next season. Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn confirmed it on a episode of the Sabres' podcast, " The Morning Skate ". The Sabres are letting Reebok design the new look.

With the new logos the NHL has just unveiled ( 2007 ASG in Dallas, new conference logos, and the 2006 Vancouver Draft logo ), I'm kind of anticipating the new Reebok jerseys being unveiled over the Olympic break.

Either way, I can't wait to see what Reebok comes up with, and what teams' looks will have to change.

Archived