Lemieux to announce retirement

Jigga

MARIO-75711-127860.jpg

I rmember seeing this pic and thinking, "Wow, its great he's still playing". Now, all i can say is, "Damn, its never going to happen again."

For the Penguins and Lemieux, it's all over. It was great while it lasted. Good luck in Kansas, boys.

oBIgzrL.png

Well its the right choice the heart ailment being 40 and the game being much faster now then in 2004, its just too bad he could not end it witha full season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sort of related topic: Gretzky was being interviewed on OLN during the intermission of the Yotes/Wild game. He said(about Lemieux): "He's the best goal scorer ever...", but I thought it was great how he smirked as he said it. Obviously Gretzky knows he's the best ever...not taking anything away from Lemieux of course. I don't particularly like him, but you can't not respect the man.

Sort of related topic: Gretzky was being interviewed on OLN during the intermission of the Yotes/Wild game. He said(about Lemieux): "He's the best goal scorer ever...", but I thought it was great how he smirked as he said it. Obviously Gretzky knows he's the best ever...not taking anything away from Lemieux of course. I don't particularly like him, but you can't not respect the man.

I've always thought that, in terms of scoring ability of the course of their entire career, Mario was a better goal scorer. Wayne was a far better playmaker and all 'round player

Archived