Largent

slats7

My understanding was the Jets wore white at home from 85-89, but this game is clearly earlier than that. Could it be preseason?

No, it's from September 17, 1978. Seahawks 24, Jets 17. And the game was played at Shea.

I know a few of you guys like the seahawk logo of old. But that would be a nice update/tweak to their current unis.

The old logo was okay, but the new logo really whomps its ass. One of the best updates I've ever seen.

The facemask looks godawful. :blink: Glad those aren't around any more.

My understanding was the Jets wore white at home from 85-89, but this game is clearly earlier than that. Could it be preseason?

No, it's from September 17, 1978. Seahawks 24, Jets 17. And the game was played at Shea.

I'm not doubting you, but how do you know?

Here's the full photo caption from si.com:

Football: Seattle Seahawks Steve Largent (80) in action vs New York Jets. Flushing, NY 9/17/1978 MANDATORY CREDIT: Manny Millan/Sports Illustrated SetNumber: X22709

I know a few of you guys like the seahawk logo of old.

Count me in that group! The new logo and uniforms are hideous. No, I will give you that the numerals look good. The Seahawks HAD one of the finest logos in all of sports. It truly reflected where they were from. And better yet, it was a Native American logo that didn't offend! But nooooo, we had to make it a Billy Bad A** Seahawk. And dayglow green and what are those dingy shades of blue? Couldn't even keep the silver helmet. Sad, really sad. :mad: I would be thrilled if they came out in Largent era throwbacks for the SB. I know, chance of a meteor hitting the stadium are greater. I still want Seattle to win. Great city with fans who have been waiting for this day for a long time.

Archived