NHL teams who wore 3rd jersey in playoffs

Peter

I know I may get hanged for this, but the old orange and current white and black ones look a bit dated. I wouldn't mind if they used the current third and based the white and black ones on that...

Reaching for my rope as I type this, BJS... ^_^

My first Flyers sweater was the orange then-road one. That will always be the "Flyers" look, maybe even moreso than the earlier version worn during the Cup years in the mid-'70s. The metallic logo bother me, but not even as much as the arbitrary color patches on the orange sweater - white sleeves start, then taper into a point? The black and white sweaters still have the smooth curves on the sleeves, all set off by contrast striping. And the multi-colored outline on the numbers and letters is overkill on the orange sweaters. Orange and black is all the Flyers need.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They designated the black jersey as the permanent road jerseys during the playoffs once they introduced them. Once they came out, the orange jerseys never saw the light off day in postseason games.

Interesting, I didn't know that, any info on why this was done?

The players liked them better than the orange jerseys. Plus they were insanely popular with the fans at the time. Ironically now, every wants the old orange jerseys back.

I know I may get hanged for this, but the old orange and current white and black ones look a bit dated. I wouldn't mind if they used the current third and based the white and black ones on that...

...but without the modern logo. Yuck.

And orange would be the primary home.

The Flyers fan base (hardcore fans, not newcoming bandwagoners) want the old orange jerseys back. They have a very good sense of history and most of them despise the black.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The Flyers fan base (hardcore fans, not newcoming bandwagoners) want the old orange jerseys back. They have a very good sense of history and most of them despise the black.

Even though I don't think the alts get the job done perfectly, to my eye, the Flyers look so much more like "the Flyers" in orange than they do in black.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Also add the Sens red alt, Calgary horse head, Flyers black, Sharks current teal, and the Caps current road black to that list of home, road, and 3rd jerseys at one point or another in thier existance.

Actually, Calgary's black horse head jersey was never a home jersey. When they finally made the colored jerseys the home jerseys in 2003, that's when they unveiled the red jersey with black C as their new home jersey. The black jersey became an alt again.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Also add the Sens red alt,  Calgary horse head, Flyers black, Sharks current teal, and the Caps current road black to that list of home, road, and 3rd jerseys at one point or another in thier existance.

Actually, Calgary's black horse head jersey was never a home jersey. When they finally made the colored jerseys the home jerseys in 2003, that's when they unveiled the red jersey with black C as their new home jersey. The black jersey became an alt again.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Yeah, that's right, good call, I forgot they changed the home to the colored jersey in 2003, not 2002. My bad.

SEAsig.png

They designated the black jersey as the permanent road jerseys during the playoffs once they introduced them. Once they came out, the orange jerseys never saw the light off day in postseason games.

Interesting, I didn't know that, any info on why this was done?

The players liked them better than the orange jerseys. Plus they were insanely popular with the fans at the time. Ironically now, every wants the old orange jerseys back.

...but without the modern logo. Yuck.

And orange would be the primary home.

interesting comments - i'm not disaggreeing with you, but i for one am a diehard flyers fan and i love the black jerseys - the old road orange were nice too, but i'm also a big fan of the new alternate - if i had to rank those four (current home black, current orange alternate, current away white, old orange road), thats the order i'd put them in

worldchampsll1.png

Archived