Sports E-Cyclopedia 5th Anniversary Contest

NJTank

1st - 1

2nd - 5

3rd - 3

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Deleted due to deadline ambiguity.

As an aside, there is no such thing as "midnight, Feb. 2." The exact moment of midnight is in neither the preceding nor the following day. If you polled 100 people, you'd find a pretty even split between those who say that "midnight, Feb. 2" refers to the midnight that comes at the end of Feb. 2 and those who say that it refers to the midnight that comes at the end of Feb. 1. So if anyone is closing balloting at midnight, the better way to say it to avoid confusion is something like, "balloting closes at 11:59 pm" or "at the end of the day."

But I would have voted for numbers 1 and 5, in that order, and no vote for third place owing to an unbreakable tie between three entries.

20082614447.png

Deleted due to deadline ambiguity.

As an aside, there is no such thing as "midnight, Feb. 2." The exact moment of midnight is in neither the preceding nor the following day. If you polled 100 people, you'd find a pretty even split between those who say that "midnight, Feb. 2" refers to the midnight that comes at the end of Feb. 2 and those who say that it refers to the midnight that comes at the end of Feb. 1. So if anyone is closing balloting at midnight, the better way to say it to avoid confusion is something like, "balloting closes at 11:59 pm" or "at the end of the day."

But I would have voted for numbers 1 and 5, in that order, and no vote for third place owing to an unbreakable tie between three entries.

Yeah, I thought it meant tonight.

Anyway, for what it's worth, #1 gets all my votes.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

12:00 midnight is the next day. It can't just be a void in the space-time continuum and not be either today OR tomorrow; that's impossible. The next day begins when the clock changes from 11:59:59 to 12:00:00, but you would find an even split, and thus you must specify in the deadlines.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived