Dream Come True!

NewYawkSeahawk

Staying in Flint? Yikes. Well, I guess that's one way to make Detroit look good by comparison. I'd try Ann Arbor. We're about 25 minutes from Ford Field, there's plenty of hotels, and there really doesn't seem to be a buzz here about people coming into town for the game. Let me know if you need any ideas on what to do around town- there really isn't a lot to do in Detroit. Hope you enjoy it. I was supposed to be in the AFC lockerroom/sideline, but turned it down once the Pats got eliminated. Where are your seats? There's really no bad seats in Ford Field. It's a top notch building.

spikes.jpg

Staying in Flint? Yikes. Well, I guess that's one way to make Detroit look good by comparison. I'd try Ann Arbor. We're about 25 minutes from Ford Field, there's plenty of hotels, and there really doesn't seem to be a buzz here about people coming into town for the game.

Heh, I wasn't going to say that about Flint, but now that you have I'll agree.

If there's space in Ann Arbor, I'd definitely say try there. I had assumed there wouldn't be if Flint was the best available.

I changed my reservations from Flint to Monroe...

Don't know if it is any better, but it is half the distance to Ford Filed that Flint was...

Oh well... maybe ill get stabbed but with the Seahawks in the SB it should be worth it.

When you're talking Detroit, sometimes distance can be your friend.

I'd agree with Dave - Ann Arbor is a great place to stay, and not as far from Detroit as you'd think. Been there once, looking to go back again. A quintessential college town, and plenty of hotels from years of accommodating UM football games.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I changed my reservations from Flint to Monroe...

Don't know if it is any better, but it is half the distance to Ford Filed that Flint was...

Oh well... maybe ill get stabbed but with the Seahawks in the SB it should be worth it.

When you're talking Detroit, sometimes distance can be your friend.

I'd agree with Dave - Ann Arbor is a great place to stay, and not as far from Detroit as you'd think. Been there once, looking to go back again. A quintessential college town, and plenty of hotels from years of accommodating UM football games.

I'm in Ann Arbor. Its about 45 min from the city, and the airport is about halfway between AA and downtown Detroit. I don't think hotel space would be a problem. The only people coming into town at this time of the year are recruiters, college visitors, and maybe a few other types, unless people get the same idea as you and come to town. But yeah, it is the prototypical college town. Lots of good places to eat and things to do.

Archived