Canadiens unveil a 3rd

Breakwood

Sweater is sweet, numbers are horrible... I think they should be blue on white on red outline... they looked quite illegible when I saw the SportsCenter highlights this morning....

grc

After thinking about what I said, I guess I realized that they numbers are like this, because perhaps it is an authentic replication of the way the jersey numbers used to look when they once wore similar sweaters?  If this is the case then I am all for exact replication and it would be kind of tacky to change the way the lettering was... still is difficult to read though...

grc

yanks_sig.gif

The Detroit broadcast of the game mentioned the numbers were like that because they were created before hockey was televised, which probably means they're exact replicas.  Why else would they use those numbers?  Watching the game, I couldn't read any of the numbers and I have no idea how the announcers could tell who was who.

I think that white numbers outlined in red, or even blue, would have worked nicely. Those were really lacking in contrast big time. Don't they test these things out ahead of time?

3085_1.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

When I first saw the pic on the home page of this site, I thought they were sweet.  But after watching the Wings/Habs game last night, I just kept thinking that from a TV watching perspective, those are the worst white jerseys in the NHL.  They're terrible.  The back just looked like a jumbled mess.  

I hate the Dallas alts, but on TV they didn't look so bad.  With these, it's the opposite.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

just add a second outline (white) to the numbers, and replace the old school logo with the current one, and the habs would have a nice road jersey. those sorry white ones they use now can be the thirds.

Archived