Sign in to follow this  
Starchild

Orlando Magic concepts (2)

After watching the Magic/Knicks game last night, and looking into my closet (and a past concept) I decided that the Shaq-Penny era Magic jerseys are one of my favorites. Perhaps a little dated, but they were unique nonetheless. I think the pinstripes looked classy and the font used for the numbers were such a distinct, unique look from all other teams. Some saw that as a bad thing, I loved it.

Anyway, I decided to renovate my original 3 concepts from around a year/year-1/2 ago where I (like the Indiana Pacers concept) combined the various eras of the Magic. This time, I left their logo alone since it more or less does just that - updates the original logo slightly, but effectively. For the jerseys, I did two different versions of a home jersey/shorts combination (can't decide which looks best) and a second concept featuring the primary black road uniform and a 3rd blue jersey (blue was best used as the alternate, not primary). I brought back the pinstripes, added some simple side panels, and of curse brought back the distinct numbers instead of those boring, bland, generic looking once of the current uniforms.

MagicFinalConcept_Small.jpg

MagicFinalRoadConcept_Small.jpg

Feedback appreciated (and wanted) as always.

WOW WOW WOW standing O!!! that is awesome send those in right now, I could Steve Franics breakin ankles in those!!

If there's anybody from the Orlando Magic organization reading this...

Get the hint, pinstripes for the Magic work and we have no idea why!

Starchild, regarding your concept, I like the stars on the shorts and would go with black for the primary road. Nothing wrong with the blue and I'd keep it as an alt, but that black just screams memories.

Although many will disagree, the pinstripes really worked for the Hornets also.

that looks great. I'm impressed. We designed the Magic logo over in like 2001... and then they backed off on the pinnies and so we went with a more collegiate look which is just too boring for my tastes..

I like this much more touche...

TOM O'G

heh, so they thought about going back to pinstripes...ya learn something new everyday. they probably should've, the current rags don't scream out MAGIC to me at all.

the pinstripes are really expensive to reproduce. they use a process called sublimation and it costs a friggin forture. that's why the Jazz lost the mountains and the Suns the streakning sun... too much production dollars...

I Love that Orlando Magic jersey, u need to send that to the NBA and Orlando ASAP, Great Work

This guy stole my thunder, bro. These are awesome. I don't even like basketball that much, and I would STILL wear it. You could get this made by a company and sell the hell out of it. Take a (bow)

Wow starchild! This is an excellent concept. I think you should go wih the shorts with the stars at home.

If there's anybody from the Orlando Magic organization reading this...

Get the hint, pinstripes for the Magic work and we have no idea why!

Starchild, regarding your concept, I like the stars on the shorts and would go with black for the primary road. Nothing wrong with the blue and I'd keep it as an alt, but that black just screams memories.

Although many will disagree, the pinstripes really worked for the Hornets also.

These are God-like!!! Go with the stars on the shorts for the home unis. Make black the primary road uni, and blue the alt. Do this because black was the original road jersey for the magic. That number font was kick ass and the pinstripes worked so well for the magic. They were stupid when they ditched these threads. Yeah and the pinstripes definitely worked well for the Charlotte Hornets. For some reason they looked good. But the pinstripes worked the best for the Magic, as seen in this concept. Great work man!!!

I like those shorts that have the stripes coming down into the big star. These unis have at least the vibe of being "magical" as opposed to those plain unis they have now.