Change next year? Review of each team (NFL)

mediocreguy

I wouldn't rule out the Packers following the (fantastic) old school trend, maybe by switching to black kicks, gray masks, sock stripes. What with a new coach and a new era seemingly starting...but that's mostly just wishful thinking.

Hey, just getting rid of the awful 1980s neck stripes would be a start....

You don't like the neck stripe? That's one of the coolest things about the Packers uni IMO.

As for changes, I sincerely hope the Bills go retro. Keep the logo if you have to, but go back to a cleaner, simpler uniform. I miss the white helmets.

One thing: if they do this, they ought to change the helmet numbers to a block font, as well. If they just changed the jersey numerals, they'll have the same mismatch that they used to, and that looked kinda odd.

I think you're too hung up on mismatches. Sometimes mismatches work, as was the case when the Steelers used block numbers on their jerseys and curved numbers on the helmets.

Ideally, there shouldn't be mismatches. But there are cases where there is no reason to make a change. Look at the Detroit Tigers home uniforms, for example. Do the different styles of Olde English Ds worn on the caps vs. the uniforms match? No. Should they be changed for the sake of matching? No way.

As far as when did I get the time to make a list?

I do it every year in my head..I've just never written it down. It's a hobby

And as for being new... Well...sorry. The people I know (and the few SD fans I know, like the powders. I think it's cool that they do a near-complete throwback, even down to the field

Every year at the end of the season I've gone down the list of NFL teams and tried to figure out who would change logos/unis the next year. This is the first time I've known about this board, so I thought maybe I'd post my suggestions.

I'll probably be flamed over it..but I think it's a fun game..nothing serious.

Note that this isn't what I think would be BEST, just what I think may or may not happen. I also may have missed important rumors regarding these teams.. if I have, just kindly say something so I'm more informed.

And remember, it's just for fun!

I ranked each team on how probable they are of doing any sort of adjustment (even if it's just striped or a different set of pants or whatever (that's why Chicago is a Low and not a 'None'). Most teams that got "None" probably just changed recently, or sell so many items now that their brand would be hurt by a change (like the Raiders).

Bills - Chance: Medium -- (Rumors of Throwbacks becoming fulltime?)

Dolphins - Chance: Low -- (Maybe a few stripe or alternate adjustments, but nothing big.)

Pats - Chance : None -- (Just changed.)

Jets - Chance : Low -- (I think they might in a few years..but this year I think they stay the same.)

Ravens - Chance : Low -- (Though I could be wrong, this team likes to change all the time, it seems.)

Bengals - Chance : None -- (Just changed)

Browns - Chance : Medium (I'd see more of a policy change and using the brown home unis AT home instead of white all the time. They need something to boost profile)

Steelers - Chance : None (The brand sells like hotcakes how it is..and with a Super Bowl possibly in the future, the marketing for the current look will go through the roof)

Texans - Chance : None (Still trying to establish identity, a change would only hurt that)

Colts - Chance : Low (Possibly a pant-change..but I don't see anything else coming from one of the classiest looks in football)

Jags - Chance : Medium (Team looking for more of an identity in a strong division and conference? Jags may do this to bolster sales and attention)

Titans - Chance : Low (They've been doing enough fiddling with it in recent years (I have trouble remembering which is the home and which is the alternate anymore)

Broncos - Chance : Low (My team. Heh. Would love to see em use the orange alts more if anything)

Chiefs - Chance : Medium (I know there's history..but I could see KC as being the latest team to offend it's fanbase with something gaudy)

Raiders - Chance : None (They sell too much and have too strong a history to change it at the present. Plus, Al Davis is a dick. That has nothing to do with uni changes. He's just a dick :P )

Chargers - Chance : High (Powder-Blues sell more than regulars, I think, plus, everyone likes them)

NFC

Cowboys - Chance : Medium (Gut feeling again..maybe they'll add like..a sixth blue or something)

GIants - Chance : None (Recently tooled with it last year)

Eagles - Chance : Low (As long as they stay away from the gaudy black unis)

Redskins - Chance : Medium (I'd love to see them with the FSU style unis again.. plus now that fans are picking up on them again...I see Dan Snyder trying to fleece them at the team stores)

Bears - Chance : None (If they moved one stripe it'd be news all over the place)

Lions - Chance : Low (No, they're done screwing themselves for now)

Green Bay - Chance : None (Losing Brett Favre and then changing the look all at once would send Wisconsin into a collective seizure)

Minnesota - Chance : High (I'd say look for a darker/metallic purple and real gold (not yellow). Seems to live up to the recent trend of making teams darker. Also makes them basically just look like Ravens :\ )

Falcons - Chance : None (Too recent to change again)

Carolina - Chance : Medium (I'd say a small revamp, getting rid of the stripes up top or stylizing the numbers seems like something that will capitalize off the team's recent success)

New Orleans - Chance : High (With all they've gone through, I see the team wanting to shed it's image and get fans to buy new stuff -or- Benson's plan to move the team will start by dropping the team identity and putting a new one in)

Tampa Bay - Chance : Low (I think Pewter/Red is still a great combo that will last a long time)

Arizona - Chance : None (They just changed last year)

St. Louis - Chance : Low (Keeping the look now makes others (and fans) remember the Greatest Show on Turf. Changing it would only hurt the team)

San Fran - Chance : Low (Coming off a tough season and having historically demanding fans would make you think they might try for an overhaul to signal a new beginning..but the city of San Fran would lynch them if they did)

Seattle - Chance : None (Changed recently, and with Super Bowl possibitlity, I think every fan in the Pacific Northwest will be grabbing all the BlueTeal and OHGODITHURTS green they can get)

In summary, I think, out of the Chargers, Vikings, and Saints, which I have rated high, one or two of them will do the full change, and that 2 or 3 of the other teams may do some slight changes.

oh i have been waiting for a time i can do this. Ready:

AFC East

Bills - Medium, I just think maybe a outcry for the throwbacks and the hate for the current might make them change

Dolphins - Low, don't need to change

Pats - Meduium, I am thinking they might toy with the idea of a throw back alt OR a red one. Death to the silver POS alt.

Jets - Low

AFC North

Ravens - Low

Bengals - Low, already changed and now seems to be in the era of being good

Browns - High, we all here believe they are going to pull a Colts throwback

Steelers - Medium, I don't think they will change the font to block but I think they have a outcry for home whites. So I consider that a change of sorts.

AFC South

Texas - Medium, I think they might make the reds as their home sets.

COlts - Low

Jags - Medium to High, for some odd reason I think they might change this season. Why not? Though they did change the color of the numbers last year.

Titans - Low to Medium, I am thinking maybe a different alt at best.

AFC West

Chiefs - Low to Medium, maybe a slight chance for a black alt?

Broncos - Low, maybe the return of the orange alt

Raiders - LOW, come on what do you think? Silver alts?

Chargers - Medium, they might do a few test groups about the powder blues

NFC East

Redskins - Medium, I am thinking a yellow pants OR the old FSU throw backs but not likely

Giants - Low

Eagles - Medium, I would like to see a return of the silver pants. I miss them since they tweaked the unis.

Cowboys - Medium, who knows? Jerry Jones might finally make the boys' unis have some meaning.

NFC South

Saints - High, why not? Back to the Bayou, lets start over and maybe with new unis and colors.

Panthers - Medium, I can them making the blues as their main. It is wierd because when I think of Carolina I think of blue but when I think of a panther I think of black.

Falcons - Low

Bucs = Medium, break out the orange or black alts.

NFC North

Vikings - High, time to tweak this unis like the eagles did with theirs

Bears - Low

Packers - Low

Lions - Low

NFC West

Seahawks - Medium, I am thinking they might add that dreaded lime alt. Come on I know you guys will buy one.

Cards - Medium, with them going into a climate control arena, why not have a black OR zona blue alts?

49ers - Low

Rams - Medium, new coach might finally bring out all of these unis Martz never wanted to use. Why not?

WOW ....research People ....

AFC

AFC East

Fins : None as of now Saban said he likes the ones he they have & dropped the Aqua pants .

Pats: none for the main uniforms ,But the 3rd jersey is going to be a Modern Crimson .

Bills : Med ,even thou they just changed back in 2002 supposedly levy said he had a dislike for the New Uni's & now he is back in a key part of the Organization

Jets : Med are looking to drop the ThrowBack look & go with a NEW LOOK just no date is set .

AFC North

Bengals : none, besides trying to match more & maybe get rid of the side panel ?

Browns : ThrowBacks ....Nothing major , but the orange tops & Pants are gone from what i hear .

Steelers :None that i could see perm , but i maybe some throwbacks & the 75th patch in a few years .

Ravens:low/med for the most part have not changed much lately .. & i couldn't see much changing now in the next few years .

AFC South

Colts : low , they just changes some minor things to look more like the Baltimore Colts, i could see them adding some gray or blue pants in...the near future .

Jaguars : very Low , i say that because the Road uni's & black pants were all updated in 04 & the Front Office said they have found something they like & will be the identify of the Jacksonville Jaguars for years 2 come . so if anything it would be very minor.

Titans: med, because they changed them in 99 which is not long ago , but in this league is a eternity & they have 2 colors that they don't even use really ?

Texans: uhhh NO ( maybe a Columbia blue throwback? :rolleyes: )

AFC West

Broncos: low, they are the most successful jerseys in Denver history ! yeah there not changing them .

Chiefs: MedHigh, they have for the most part minus small things had the same jerseys since 1960 . So yes they are dewwwww

Chargers : low/high , yeah i know it makes no since . If it's spanos way nothing will change but they may even do all Navy at home during some games, But if everyone else had a choice it would be collegiate Blue all over with the bright yellow. But there was talk about a New Jersey with both colors , but spano denied it .

Raiders: will not, unless Davis sells or passes then expect some upgrades to the uniform .

NFC

NFC East

Giants:, low/none , they try & change something every other year , but i dont see them doing crap anytime soon.

Eagles: low ,nothing major but has been talks about more Silver?

CowBoys :low ,maybe they will pick 2 colors & go with them ,???hahaha im kidding

But there was talk about Blue pants sometime back .

Redskins: med, the throwbacks had a good hit...But i dont see them trying crap with Gibbs still there . but after yeah .

NFC North

Bears: med, i could see them using the orange more , & trying it with blue pants & maybe a all white for the road Uni's again?

Packers: med, i dont know i cant place it but i have a feeling something will reworked this year next or in 08 even it's like navy trying to be put back in .

Viking:med, you always have a change of change with a new staff in place & new ownership . either some darker gold or a 3rd uni??

Lions: low med, cant say there is much of a chance of anything , but the addition of black was not a real his , But it was a former color of the team from the 40's like scarlet .

NFC South

Buccaneers :low , 2003 talks of a 3rd pewter uniform were rejected by the league & the ownership & fans do not like the old citrus , & black will not be worn in central FL . so who knows & as for a change it could happen but the product is a good one & sells very well . so i could see them changing it .

Falcons :low Changed in 2003 & have like 12 combos that can be used . some Fans want the Silver Pants black... But Blank is not into that idea .. his comment was white pants are more professional

Panthers: med, kinda low because they have had them sence the inception of the team & Won the NFC Championship with them , but they have had them since 95 like before it's a while.. so ...they could do a touchup or something?

Saints: High, Fans have been wanting the brighter gold back & the Louisiana state Patch & something else to signify their New Orleans heritage. even adding another color to set of from the old gold & black .

NFC West

49ers : med High I do see a Change coming even if it's the team going retro or a bit of half & half because most niner fan do not like the ones they have now , But they just changed from maroon jerseys to Cardinal ones ??

Rams : med , maybe just the gold jerseys & white pants will be worn more .. or sorry ..Worn but i dont see any true change soon .

Cardinals: Low , But they will have a patch for the opening of there New Stadium & talks of them wearing all cardinal for some games & in 07 unveiling a 3rd .

SeaHAWKS: low, of real changes , but i do see them wearing the Neon Green at somepoint to blind the Team they Play !!!

if there is miss spelling i do apologize, but it's a bit late & im running pretty quich down the list ....& not all of these will happep but they come from what i have read on message board for the teams & team News or that cities paper . :flagcanada:

B):therock:

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Jets severly need a new look. The throwbacks brought out a lot of reminisent thoughts & dreams about the Jet's Super Bowl win, but they have failed to have that kind of repeat success in them. It's time to step from the past and look to the future.

I believe the Cards will be like the Pats, when they rolled out their current logo. They played with those unis and went through many different changes to get to the nice, professional look they have now. I believe the Cards will play with theirs too, until it looks good. Don't look for it this year or next, but my money says changes will be made in 2008 or 9.

And I cannot think of a team needing a re-image more than the Bills. :wacko:

My personal wish is still on a Seahawks green alt. That would be perfect! B)

And on a side note, if the NFL ever needs some quick publicity stunt to gain attention, they could announce that they're changing the logos and unis for the Packers, Bears and Browns. Of course, there would be the rioting to contend with... :P

• LMU locked this topic

Archived