Nike Swift Olmypic Jerseys

philly97flyer

102991.jpg

I'm not big into the template thing, but those look pretty tough. Are there any teams that use black, red, and yellow as well as this? Are there any teams that use those colors at all? I can think of the Flames and Pittsburgh Pirates, but those don't incorporate all three as well as Germany.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
102991.jpg

I'm not big into the template thing, but those look pretty tough. Are there any teams that use black, red, and yellow as well as this? Are there any teams that use those colors at all? I can think of the Flames and Pittsburgh Pirates, but those don't incorporate all three as well as Germany.

At the bottom of this jersey, it looks like the front hem has shifted up a bit and you can see the back. It appears that the same orgy of color and bad stripes that infected the Russian jersey has taken this one too.

102991.jpg

I'm not big into the template thing, but those look pretty tough.  Are there any teams that use black, red, and yellow as well as this?  Are there any teams that use those colors at all?  I can think of the Flames and Pittsburgh Pirates, but those don't incorporate all three as well as Germany.

bure93-1.jpg

I always think of these when I see a Germany jersey. It can be a good combo when the contrast between the light (white, yellow) and dark (red and black) colours is used effectively. I don't think the Flames have done so yet.

<YAWN>

Boring. I like the black Canadian jersy though.

101168.jpg

I agree. The black one looks good, but I'm going to take an eye on the back before putting money for it...

Its identical to the other cdn ones...just black.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

These suck so hard. I'm a little too big to do "Swift" or "Form fitting" thanks so much.

Also a question, why don't they sell authentic olympic jerseys? I have a 2002 USA Bill Guerin jersey but I had to buy a replica from usahockey.com. They never sold authentics (48, 52, 56, with fight straps, etc...) Anyone know why?

mainescarf.png

These suck so hard. I'm a little too big to do "Swift" or "Form fitting" thanks so much.

Also a question, why don't they sell authentic olympic jerseys? I have a 2002 USA Bill Guerin jersey but I had to buy a replica from usahockey.com. They never sold authentics (48, 52, 56, with fight straps, etc...) Anyone know why?

They sold authentics around Toronto, if you knew where to look (aka Nike Store). Mind you, they were Team Canada jerseys. I dont think they will sell the authentics for awhile, and when they do, they will probably be exclusive to online. The problem with selling authentic versions of these is the build in wrist gaurds in the wrists of the jerseys (one of the mentioned features when the jerseys were first announced) so I dobut you will see authentics soon, and when you do, they wont really be "authentic". I'm a snob when it comes to jerseys (I wont buy a current replica) but the Olympic jerseys that are out now are pretty close to authentic, I mean, everything is stiched, its just not the same material and has no fight strap...and also has a better cut appearently.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

<YAWN>

Boring. I like the black Canadian jersy though.

101168.jpg

I agree. The black one looks good, but I'm going to take an eye on the back before putting money for it...

Its identical to the other cdn ones...just black.

It's identical except for the colour change, the alternate logo being on the chest and the primary logo being on the shoulders. Otherwise, it's identical! :rolleyes:

Sweden didn't place their order on time. They will be wearing old stuff. Which is good.

With apologies to Bob Newhart, somewhere in Sweden a few months back...

*ring-ring*

"Hello? Oh, yes, hi Mr. Knight. What? We didn't place an order for those new Swift jerseys of yours? Really? You know, I'm sure I've got that paperwork around here somewhere, I'll have Lars get right on that pronto... Huh? The deadline for product orders has passed? Oh, oh, that's unfortunate, so we won't have to wear th... I mean get to wear those revolutionary new jerseys of yours... Oh, yes, Mr. Knight, I agree completely, we're really gonna be embarrassed, being the only hockey team on the biggest stage in international sport without mock curtains on the backs of our jerseys... Yes, yes, we'll just have to shamefully take the ice in the same jersey style we've been wearing for the past few decades... Oh, I know, I know, but I'll just tell the boys to keep their heads held high on the ice regardless, you know, national pride and all that... Well thank you for the call, Phil, really appreciate that... Yeah, uh, why don't you give us a jingle in 2011 so we'll have this all straightened out in time for the next Olympiad... Oh, it's in 2010? Oh, silly me and the dates, I tell ya... All righty, gotta run Phil, good luck with those suck-ass jerseys of yours. Bye now!"

*click*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Everyone is complaining but I don't see anyone offering up anything better.

WHAT? Not offering up anything better? WTF?

Here's something that's better. Let the images load and scroll down to see that each and every one of the 2005 jerseys are better than these pieces of crap.

http://frosken.com/hockey/

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey Jeff,

If you're talking about the sweater with the eagle, could post a large image of the crest and 'Deutschland' text?

I want to create a vector drawing of that logo, but haven't been able to find a quality image with which to work.

Is this big enough? If you need larger, I have it high res as well.

2005-Germany-Logo.jpg

JeffB

Who just became a total supporter of Team Sweden

Damn! 900 posts. That snuck up on me fast...

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Jordan Wand, director of Nike's Advanced Innovation Team, said the development project included the first wind-tunnel tests of hockey uniforms, as well as research that determined hockey was lagging behind other major sports in terms of sleek apparel.

His goal was to make the uniforms more comfortable and efficient - not to revolutionize the look.

"The psyche of a hockey player is like nothing I've ever seen before," Wand said at Nike's New York office. "The culture and tradition of the sport -- you've got to make sure you don't do anything to denigrate that."

http://www.nbcolympics.com/icehockey/5087231/detail.html

Um, I think if you read this board there Jordan, you might find that you have denigrated the culture and tradtion of the sport by having some of it's most rabid fans decide your jerseys really suck.

HansonsSig.jpg

Hey Jeff,

If you're talking about the sweater with the eagle, could post a large image of the crest and 'Deutschland' text?

I want to create a vector drawing of that logo, but haven't been able to find a quality image with which to work.

Is this big enough? If you need larger, I have it high res as well.

2005-Germany-Logo.jpg

JeffB

Who just became a total supporter of Team Sweden

Damn! 900 posts. That snuck up on me fast...

That's perfect.

Thanks again, Jeff. B)

The jerseys at this website are different

Which are closer to the authentics, these or the nike swift jerseys?

Here's an example from the above link

germany_away_big.jpg

That is the previous style from the 2005 World Championships last spring and will no longer be used in favor of the new "Swift" jerseys.

HansonsSig.jpg

Does anyone have a template for this? I'd like to play around with some NHL teams designs.

Everyone is complaining but I don't see anyone offering up anything better.

Yea they are. They are offering up the current style used in the NHL and the uniforms that were used for the last World Championships.

The jerseys at this website are different

Which are closer to the authentics, these or the nike swift jerseys?

Here's an example from the above link

germany_away_big.jpg

That is the previous style from the 2005 World Championships last spring and will no longer be used in favor of the new "Swift" jerseys.

WHY WHY WHY does germany insist on having gray on their black jerseys. That is already a badass jersey, as is their swift jersey. But gray DOES NOT bo with black, red and yellow. Ughhhhhhh that pisses me off so much.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived