Home Grays

VandyDelphia Mike

I just watched the New Mexico-Utah game on ESPN2, and I'm pretty sure that UNM's uniforms were grey. I could be wrong though--I've always thought the Pit's lighting does wierd tricks on the eyes.

On a side note, I don't know about you guys, but the black letters with red outline don't really do anything for me. Now that UNM and UNLV have added black to their schemes, the MWC has 4 teams using red and black: UNM and UNLV are red, silver, and black, while Utah and San Diego State are red and black. As biased as I may be, it seems pretty boring...

capt.nmjs10402050155.utah_new_mexico_basketball_nmjs104.jpgcapt.nmjs10102050022.utah_new_mexico_basketball_nmjs101.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

capt.nmjs10402050155.utah_new_mexico_basketball_nmjs104.jpg

54's undershirt-to-jersey matching skills rival those of Patrick Ewing from back in the day ...

040126ewing.jpg

Also agree with the MWC being way too red-black-intensive. Expect Maryland and Rutgers and Cincinnati and Texas Tech to join the league in the near future, at that rate ...

The CAA runs into a similar problem, except with blue & gold (Hofstra, Delaware, Drexel).

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Washington State used these gray jerseys as a primary last year (04-05). This year they appear to have been demoted to an alternate in favor of the white ones

In Saturday's rivalry game vs. Washington, they used the gray home alt.

423390.jpeg

Note the lack of distinction between the gray and UW's road gold (not purple?). Who's home and who's road? Only the schedule maker knows for sure.

Also agree with the MWC being way too red-black-intensive. Expect Maryland and Rutgers and Cincinnati and Texas Tech to join the league in the near future, at that rate ...

The CAA runs into a similar problem, except with blue & gold (Hofstra, Delaware, Drexel).

That isn't as bad as the Big East, which has SEVEN teams wearing navy blue:

UConn

Pitt

Villanova

Georgetown

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Marquette

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

New Mexico State has gray/silver home alts this year, too. Opinion is mixed on them - traditionalists hate them almost as much as last year's black away alts, but the younger crowd seem to think they're hip. Also, they've been worn four times so far this year by my count, and the Aggies are 1-3 in them...

• LMU locked this topic

Archived