For those who hate stripes

Blue Falcon

Palestinian Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar said Israel must change it flag, according to a report in Arutz Sheva, an Israeli news agency. He also claimed the flag is a symbol of oppression.

"Israel must remove the two blue stripes from its national flag,? Zahar said. "The stripes on the flag are symbols of occupation. They signify Israel?s borders stretching from the River Euphrates to the River Nile.?

The Israeli flag features a blue Star of David between two blue stripes. Arutz Sheva reports the stripes are designed to make the flag resemble a traditional Jewish prayer shawl.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I'd heard the Colts' stripes originally represented the Susquehanna and Potomac and were viewed as a symbol of oppression by the Redskins. I'm not sure about now. :upside::upside: (two, just to be clear)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The stripes on the Israeli flag have nothing to do with terriortoy that Israel claims as its own. The stripes are just there to make the flag look like a Talit (sp?); a Jewish prayer shawl. The Israeli flag itself actually predates the current state of Israel. It was used as an international Zionist flag starting in the late 1800's before being adopted as the flag of the State of Israel.

All though I do think the Isreali flag needs to change. Not because of any ideological problems (I'm Jewish and support Israel), but I just don't like the way it looks design-wise. There's a page of Israeli flag proposals somewhere, I'll post it if I find it.

You could really piss them off and tell them that the old Bucs' logo is a characature of Mohammed.

Isn't most of Europe in enough trouble with that already? It's nice to let someone else be the object of overwrought scorn and hatred for a while.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived