"New uniforms give LSU classic look"

bsilva1

They will have 8 different jerseys and all will be relics of the championship days in the 90s. I guess if you can't play like it anymore, you might as well look like it.

LINK to article

Basically, no more...

6dapivlo.jpg

or

061304lsu1.jpg

or

285652.jpg

and more...

PAAAAANMPCHGKDBB_L.jpg

..and others of the 1991 (grey with interlocking LSU on the left chest), 1993 (white pinstripes with Tigers across chest) and 1997 (purple jerseys like the gold).

I hate the vests and LSU rarely wore them with Bertman, but our coach now is fat and loves them apparantly.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

Yeah I am pretty sure this is the first year LSU has had Russell. The jerseys they sell in the gift shop are exact replicas made by Nike, which is strange.

Most college teams have at least 3 road uniforms because it is impractical for them to wash uniforms on the road (playing 3 games in 3 days). It is also a quick turnaround even at home from Friday nights to Saturday afternoons so most have at least 2 home uniforms. In regionals they can play 5 or 6 games in 3 days so variety becomes even more necessary. Schools like Stanford might have 2 sets of the same uniform, but most others elect to have them all different.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

I'm not against a team having 5 or 6 different uniforms for practical reasons (cleaning, etc.) -- I think the major league teams do something similar. I just think those 5 or 6 should fall into two categories -- one home style and one away style. I'm not a Yankees fan, but I like how they have two uniform styles, and that's it.

I liked the uniforms with LSU in Geaux. Isn't that why they had this font designed in the first place? So they could unify their athletic teams?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, there's the possibility I could buy yet another LSU hat with the announcement of a new road hat, but with a description of a grey hat with a purple bill, I have to see it first.

But what I really want right now is pics of all these jerseys and I want 'em NOW! *heh heh heh*

Russell Athletic's website holds no answers, FYI. And there's nothing on the official LSU sports site.

kU6ns.gif

I think they used to have a purple on purple jersey I liked. Anyone have a photo of this?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived