Minnesota Gopher Football Concept

bucskick20

Honestly, I really really like these.

You pretty much need to avoid gold pants - or you'll be labeled a Southern Cal clone. Maroon pants... eh, maybe. But I love the UCLA-style stripes. I love that there's no white on the maroon jerseys.

My lone suggestion is on the white jerseys - maybe add a gold stripe in the middle of the 2 maroon shoulder stripes. The Golden Gophers should have a little gold in the jersey, or you start wandering into Indiana/Oklahoma territory with just maroon and white. Beyond that, well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Honestly, I really really like these.

You pretty much need to avoid gold pants - or you'll be labeled a Southern Cal clone. Maroon pants... eh, maybe. But I love the UCLA-style stripes. I love that there's no white on the maroon jerseys.

My lone suggestion is on the white jerseys - maybe add a gold stripe in the middle of the 2 maroon shoulder stripes. The Golden Gophers should have a little gold in the jersey, or you start wandering into Indiana/Oklahoma territory with just maroon and white. Beyond that, well done.

The Gophers already have gold pants though and have for quite some time so I dont think they could call it a USC rip off.

mx2bmq.jpg

256dy87.jpg

The Gophers already have gold pants though and have for quite some time so I dont think they could call it a USC rip off.

mx2bmq.jpg

You're correct, but you added an element to Minnesota's look that resembles USC's shoulder inserts. Keeping the gold pants while adding shoulder designs would bring them closer to USC's look, which is what I meant. For what they wear now, gold pants are fine. But for your concept, I like the direction you went in better, with the white pants.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

mx2bmq.jpg

You're correct, but you added an element to Minnesota's look that resembles USC's shoulder inserts. Keeping the gold pants while adding shoulder designs would bring them closer to USC's look, which is what I meant. For what they wear now, gold pants are fine. But for your concept, I like the direction you went in better, with the white pants.

Yeah, I thought that as well, just checking what you were say, thanks for the compliments up there.

256dy87.jpg

If you are going to have maroon/gold/maroon stripes on the white pants, you really have to be consistant and have the same on the shoulder stripes.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks for the Suggestions, I might do some of the idea's. I have to figure out a way of fixing the away to add gold. If you don't think about adding the gold, It looks pretty good. But they are the GOLDEN Gophers so that should probably be added somewhere.

256dy87.jpg

Very nicely done. The all white look is great. I love how you limited the color pallette to just maroon and yellow on the home set. My only suggestion is just to put slightly more yellow on the Road jersey, possibly in between the two maroon Cali stripes. Just a thought.

I also believe those old road uniforms for the Gophers had gold on the inside of those UCLA-style stripes. And that would look great on the Gophers.

One problem, though: Would that make them look too much like the Vikings? At least on the road uniforms?

My suggestion or comment would be directed towards the dark jersey and white pants...there is too much gold and maroon in the jersey to have white pants since there is no white in the jersey, perhaps white numbers trimmed in gold would match the white pants better.

I actually like the Gophers current uniforms just the way they are (even though they are almost identical to Southern Cal) but this is an interesting concept none the less.

Archived