Browns Changes Confirmed

Elfman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Browns will have Gray Face masks and the stripes on the pants will go back to orange brown orange. they will also change the jersey stripes

eM

Is this now a permanent change or will it just be used as an alt for 2006 as was reported earlier?

EDIT- my fault; I thought the first post on the old thread mentioned it would be an alt; however, it just says they didn't know if it would be an alt or a change.

At any rate, much like what the Colts did for 2004 it's not a major change to their look, just a team that currently wasn't too far off their "historic" look returning to the "old days".

Grey facemasks is the worst current trend in the NFL, IMHO.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

In my opinion, the only non-silver-or-gray helmeted teams in the NFL that could get away with Gray facemasks now are the Giants (to match their pants) and the Steelers (to match the gray circle in the logo.) Anyone else, it just doesn't seem right.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Is their any info that they will be releasing the uniforms ? Thats cool about the grey face mask going back to old school, minor changes are good imo.I will probally like them, some others wont like it, buy imo i like seeing the old school come back alive.

4kv29i.jpg

Their white facemask with that helmet is amazing, why deviate from that???

Must disagree - white facemasks are too bland for me. Even a gray facemask is an improvement....

I agree with the first poster. The white facemask *pops* and makes the unis as a whole more visually appealing. Going from a white facemask to grey is going from interesting to boring.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Is this now apermanent change or will it just be used as an alt for 2006 as was reported earlier?

When was this change reported as being an alt?

EDIT - I just went back and reread the first post on the other thread from November, and I was wrong - it just says they don't know if it would be an alt or a permanent change.

Browns will have Gray Face masks and the stripes on the pants will go back to orange brown orange. they will also change the jersey stripes

eM

Ahh, the throwback craze continues..... :rolleyes:

The Browns uniform was already a "throwback". I guess they think with their "new" additions to the uni, that 1970's fashion is making a comeback. Those grey facemasks, orange/brown/orange stripes on the pants, the busy sleeve stripes and multicolored striped socks will really look "dy-no-myte!". Hopefully Otto Graham re-signs and doesn't sign with the Chicago Cardinals.

Say goodbye to the orange pants too (the only interesting part of their recent uniform; it made them unique in the NFL).

Sad thing is that you could really do something nice with brown/orange (think Virginia Tech) in a updated uniform. Ohh well......

Sad thing is that you could really do something nice with brown/orange (think Virginia Tech) in a updated uniform. Ohh well......

what is so wrong with a classic look? especial for a team with a history as rich as the browns?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Sad thing is that you could really do something nice with brown/orange (think Virginia Tech) in a updated uniform.  Ohh well......

what is so wrong with a classic look? especial for a team with a history as rich as the browns?

They already had a classic look that fit they're tradition.

Now they're going retro just to go retro...and they're getting uglier in the process.

I'm not sure what the new sleeve striping will be, but I doubt as if it is as good as what they have right now.

Grey is not only an awful choice because it doesn't fit the Browns color scheme at all, but also because grey facemasks look absolutely horrid with orange helmets.

Retro for the sake of retro is crap.

Archived