Tampa Bay Lightning numbers....

Shumway

That puple jersey is jusst hideous :puke:

Purple??? I dont see any purple.

I like the paint numbers best with the curved name.  It does set them apart.  I wonder why they change so much?

I think they changed because some numbers (for example 1 and 7) looked too similar, especially from TV or the press box.

I loved the first set of numbers, especially the "4"s. Was it Roman Hamrlick that wore 44 I think? Great font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's one add variation to the Lighting jersey history. In 98-99 they used the paintbrush numbers on the stormy alternates instead of the electric numbers for some reason.

LightingPaintbrush.jpg

My favorites were the original numbers with the drop shadow. Those were cool as heck.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There were some minor changes in the paintbrush script number too during one of the years. In the origional set the top of the 8 was more rounded, but in the final 2 years of using the font the 8s were shaped a little bit differently, I believe this is the case with the 5s as well. I'll try to find a pic to back it up. They should bring back the origional block font w/the drop shadow, hell it'd probably look good without the drop shadow as well. The alt jersey still were their best, I wish they would bring them back. Go to any lightning game and you'll see a number of fans who still sport them (including myself). With the rain and waves, and the yellow bolts on the sleeves, it was a great design.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived