My first concept

Shane Does Art

There's a lot of potential, and most of these would look great once cleaned up. A cleaned up version of you Calgary logo would even be better then the wired horse thing they currently use as their alt.

Well it has a mane--and the absence of a mane is the biggest problem I have with the Flames alt--I've said it before--put a mane on it and I may like it--this proves it...

There's a lot of potential, and most of these would look great once cleaned up. A cleaned up version of you Calgary logo would even be better then the wired horse thing they currently use as their alt.

Well it has a mane--and the absence of a mane is the biggest problem I have with the Flames alt--I've said it before--put a mane on it and I may like it--this proves it...

That's the reason it looks weird! For the longest time I couldn't figure it out. Thanks for mentioning that.

I don't know how to properly depict a Canuck, and my recent Canucks concept went for city and national pride than a depiction of a Canuck. And I never warmed to the orca in the logo, as it represents the team's ownership more than the team, and it comes across as very self-aggrandizing. But if you're going to keep the orca, I'd make it look less sharklike, as there's already a team on the West Coast that has the Shark thing down pat.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't like em. I'm an Edmonton fan and that logo is just embarassing.

You will learn to just ignore statements like that. You can't please everyone. Not everyone was taught manners, either.

I think you have some fun concepts here, maybe in the style or thought of Zephyr hats.

I would try to invest in illustrator and teach yourself (there are FAQs on the board for Illustrator, and some help guides, not to mention the board members.) I think the concepts are good, and the drawings are a good start.

I would in the mean time keep working things out. Maybe pronounce the Hockey Sticks on the Oil Derreck for the Edmonton logo. The Calgary horse looks to get a little simple in the mouth. The colors on the Vancouver Whale are a bit too similar, try playing with light and dark colors, or at least shades, also learning how to use white space is a big thing, i think. I think the Canadians is the best of the group, and i like how its rendered now, actually. Its kind of simple, shabby chic. The Sens id color his skin tone, and simplify a bit.

But cool ideas, nice drawings, and a great first concept!

Pretty nice looking concepts!

That Flames logo has some serious potential. Consider re-creating it on a much larger scale and cleaning it up a bit after you've scanned it in.

With some cleaner lines and more defined detail, you've got yourself a killer alt logo

Yeah - what Winters in Buffalo said - I agree with him. :D

I agree these look as if they would be used by the zephyr "x-line" hats.

Honestly, I really think these logos are good for your first concepts.

I am really liking that senators one. Keep up the good work. Ignore the "immature" comments from some of the members, some do not know when to keep there mouths shut.

Continue plugging in at these and they can be very good, put some of the critiques and comments to use and you will eventually get there.

-Gamecock

Archived