Quote from Larry Harris on Bucks Jersey

adamcz

We are in discussions with the league on a potential uniform change. We are working on a throwback look of sorts and it is something we are excited about and feel our fans will really enjoy.

That's all. Sorry to make a new thread for such a small quote, but he confirmed that it'll be a throwback look, which does narrow down the possibilities. If I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it mods.

I hope they go back to ones similar to the ones they wore in the 1960s, white, dark green and orange...those looked sharpe

They actually had red accents on their dark green uniforms from the late 1960's-early 1970's, but that's neither here nor there.

The Bucks have a chance to come up with something fresh and unique that still provides a link to the past. Hopefully they don't make the same foolish decision that Milwaukee's other sports team made regarding logos/uniforms ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

Im probably in a minority, but i LOVED their old logo with the cross-legged Buck. Definately throw-backish, but cool.

and i do love the ugly sidney moncrief jerseys with the 3-toned green stripes...but i think its best left in the past.

But yes, bring back the mulitple greens, and the blaze (deer-hunter) orange.

...just do something different with it.

(but they wont)

Anything...ANYTHING is an improvement over their current mess. I'm not saying go back to the Abdul-Jabbar/Oscar Robertson/Bobby Dandridge uniforms...wiait a minute...yes I am! Those were so fine. So simple and clean and distinctive colors, too. Great news in any event.

Hopefully they don't make the same foolish decision that Milwaukee's other sports team made regarding logos/uniforms ;)

Money talks, my friend. And ask the fans if they made a "mistake". :D

By any objective criteria, they made the right choice. From a $$ standpoint certainly, from a fan standpoint overwhelmingly, the choice was a solid one. You and I may have subjective opinions about the relative merits of the logo (and mine might surprise you), but that's another story.

Back to the thread.... I'm very curious to see what the Bucks have come up with.

Help me out, basketball fans, has the NBA been marketing the "Hardwood Classics" as much as MLB has the Cooperstown Collection and the NFL their Throwbacks? From what I've seen, not even close. So there might not be as much incentive to bring back an old look to the extent that franchises in other sports have.

Anything...ANYTHING is an improvement over their current mess. I'm not saying go back to the Abdul-Jabbar/Oscar Robertson/Bobby Dandridge uniforms...wiait a minute...yes I am! Those were so fine. So simple and clean and distinctive colors, too. Great news in any event.

all I know is, I want green to be the main color. I don't care if they put hot pink, brown, Tennessee orange and lavender as accent colors, just as long as the main color's green again. the Bucks don't make for a very good purple team.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

all I know is, I want green to be the main color. I don't care if they put hot pink, brown, Tennessee orange and lavender as accent colors, just as long as the main color's green again. the Bucks don't make for a very good purple team.

Somehow, I know that if anyone here could try to pull off a Bucks concept with those accent colors, it'd be you, 'Scrim... :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i remember reading that the bucks chose the current scheme because they wanted to mimic greatness, which was to take the purple from the lakers (looks like forum blue to me) and the green of the celtics. lame. totally lame. true story though.......

i remember reading that the bucks chose the current scheme because they wanted to mimic greatness, which was to take the purple from the lakers (looks like forum blue to me) and the green of the celtics. lame. totally lame. true story though.......

Yes, it is lame.

But no, it's not a true story.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived