WLAF

cyandlux

Without further ado here is the concept for the league logo. It is a mix of the NFLE logo and also the WFL logo. This project began as a "what if" that involved combining the old WLF, WLAF and the AsianPFL. It evolved into a more original concept of the WLAF2.

wlaf-logo.png

Hawai'i is the most isolated place on earth from any other place. It doesn't much matter which division they were placed in, they're going to have far more travel than any other team. Their closest division rival is Tokyo, some 3850 miles away. Hong Kong is 5555 miles from Hawai'i. Putting them in the Asian division is better for balance, and it's not like putting them in the US division means their travel would be better. Culturally, ethnic Hawai'ians trace their roots to Tonga, Samoa and the island nations throughout the south Pacific, so it's not a terribly awkward fit there, either.

And Seahawks fans thought they had a gripe about having to Miami every so often!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

HAWAII is actually part of the United States and is not in Asia...

...and Albuquerque is spelled wrong.

I believe he put Hawaii in the Asia Division so he could even out the divisions

Thanks, Im going to repost this when I can....and run a spell check.

Also, Hawaii is in a weird place and since its in the middle of the Pacific I decided to put it in the Asia Division. It was a difficult decision, as seen by the opposition of some posts, but the West was full and Hawaiis out there and I didnt want to leave Hawaii off, plus the other factor was that the AsianPFL had a Hawaii team, so I thought that was a good place for Hawaii.

Thanks leggman01. I think if it were "slicker" somehow. I cant quite put my finger on it though.

Just rename it the Pacific division.

I had done something similar, but with 2 Australian franchises as well:

Melbourne and Sydney.

And yes, I know it is unrealistic because the Aussies have more than enough top-tier sports, including Rugby and Aussie Rules.

I think the "Asia Division" should be appropriately known as the "Pacific Rim Division". Anyway, what a good idea for a spring professional league: making a "true" World League of American Football. Anyway, this begs the question: do you think I should come up with a similar idea as cyandlux's WLAF2 idea?

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

Expansion sites that could be considered:

EUROPE

London, England (perferably a Monarchs revival)

Stockholm, Sweden

Goteborg, Sweden

Barcelona, Spain

Madrid, Spain

Munich, Germany

Paris, France

Dublin, Ireland

Glasgow, Scotland

NORTH AMERICA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Vancouver, BC, Canada

San Diego, California, USA

San Francisco, California, USA

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

PACIFIC

Beijing, China

Bangkok, Thailand

Sydney, Australia

Melbourne, Australia

Brisbane, Australia

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Auckland, New Zealand

MISC.

Johannesburg, South Africa

Bombay, India

I wanted economically vital cities so I'd expand in Kuala Lumpur way waaaaay before Bangkok.

Bombay....interesting, since all of our jobs are going there they could probably afford tickets.

I like the idea of Australia and South Africa. (Southern Hemisphere Division) Maybe even with South America?

• 2 weeks later...
I think the "Asia Division" should be appropriately known as the "Pacific Rim Division". Anyway, what a good idea for a spring professional league: making a "true" World League of American Football. Anyway, this begs the question: do you think I should come up with a similar idea as cyandlux's WLAF2 idea?

I guess you could come up with a similar idea, but I would suggest moving some of the European teams to make a legit European Division.

Archived