WLAF 2

cyandlux

Strange, at first glance it almost looks like an old WWII type of submarine. Then again perhaps not so stange considering some engineers designed their subs after the hydrodynamics of dolphins and sharks...

I'd exagerate the teeth and make them bright white, and I'd flair the tail in the oposite direction to make the tail look a little longer, otherwise I really like the letterhead and the glyph in the logo, the colors aren't too shabby either. :lol:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Too motionless and emotionless. A shark image for a sports team should be fierce, agressive and with its mouth open (look at the teeth!!!!)

Or you could just use a dorsel fin image, or bite marks (like the original SJ Sharks wordmark.)

Too motionless and emotionless. A shark image for a sports team should be fierce, agressive and with its mouth open (look at the teeth!!!!)

Or you could just use a dorsel fin image, or bite marks (like the original SJ Sharks wordmark.)

With all of these I want them to be different and effective. I dont want "it doesnt work like that...do it like san jose"...but I will say it needs to be more fierce. And the motion is accross your face, so thats where his rear goes, I think idea is intimidating. bite marks are a gimmick I will NEVER use.

Update: He looks buck toothed now. gotta fix that.

I like the shark a lot. For one thing, it has a nice football shape. For another, anyone who's ever watched a shark swimming on Wild Kingdom or a Jacques Cousteau special knows that they have a whipsawing motion. This shark is bowed away from the viewer, meaning his next motion could very well be to sweep toward you and bite your arm/leg/torso clean off. In land predator terms, this shark is clearly ready to pounce on the viewer. I like the subtle air of menace that gives the shark; it's much more interesting than some cliche Jaws-logo ripoff would be.

That said, I think the teeth need to be white. Like the song says, "Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear / And it shows 'em, pearly white."

20082614447.png

logo_threshers.jpg

A shark like this one would be sweet.

Im not sure what kind of shark that is (Thresher Shark?), but mines modeled after a great white....it doesnt have that long tail. Plus mines anotomically correct, which is my beef w/ most sharks in design. Its not supposed to look like a minor league baseball team.

I believe my sharks position is menacing. (thanks ballwonk for why.)

i agree with ballwonk, i have no problem with the pose of the shark - great whites are menacing and intimidating and fierce REGARDLESS of pose, and i like that it's pretty realistic looking while being simple enough to be used as a logo - at first glance some might think the shark is a bit "fat", but great whites are really shaped like that...you've captured the shark pretty well - i really like the movement your wordmark portrays, and i love the japanese letters (do they spell tokyo?)

some suggestions:

switch the shading...sharks are counter-shaded (dark on top, light on bottom), and even when light is coming from the above, the coloration is different enough that they ALWAYS look lighter on the bottom than they do on the top

the black outline below the jaw doesn't line up with the jaw line and looks a bit odd

the teeth could stand to be a BIT more prominent and there should be some teeth on the bottom jaw, although i wouldn't make them MUCH more prominent or they will become the focus of the design (which i don't THINK is your intention)

the word tokyo doesn't seem to be on the same curve as the word sharks...this may be an optical illusion, though

on the helmet, i think you should give the logo a thicker white outline to make it stand out more

other than that, i think this is one of your best wlaf 2 concepts...very nice

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived