Sign in to follow this  
GoSteelers85

Pittsburgh Pipers Concept

Here is my Pittsburgh Pipers revision/concept, for those who dont know the Pipers were chmapions in the old ABA and eventrually moved to Minnesota

Any comments or suggestions please post them

PIPERS_2.jpg

whats the connection for a "piper" to the castle?

the castle is on pittsburghs city seal, or a flag, or at least a crest, i believe? the steelers had it on their uniform at one time....i like the logo a lot. i'd love to see unis. by the way, whats a piper? and when did they become the condors? and didnt a fish once save pittsburgh?

I think the "castle" represents Fort Pitt, the Revolutionary War era fort built by William Pitt's troops, which latter became Pittsburgh.

As for the logo, it's got a great look. I like it.

whats the connection for a "piper" to the castle?

the castle is on pittsburghs city seal, or a flag, or at least a crest, i believe? the steelers had it on their uniform at one time....i like the logo a lot. i'd love to see unis. by the way, whats a piper? and when did they become the condors? and didnt a fish once save pittsburgh?

Piper was short for Bagpiper, they became the Condors a season after the team moved back from from Minnesota and a fish did save Pittsburgh.

Awesome , works for me ...maybe when the Magic get up to move , Pittsburgh can bring them in & rename them & recolor them .

Yeah, that is indeed Fort Pitt. Pittsburgh won't ever get an NBA team, not that I really want one either, but if they did I wish it was the Hornets. The name really goes with Black and Gold, no?

Thanks for the feedback the castle is Fort Pitt and hopefully i'll be able to post some uni designs and repost the logo with them but not until after the Super Bowl

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!