A Ray of Hope: The Tampa Bay Baseball Overhaul

pooter

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corsairs22.jpg

The one main thing I don't like is that there's no gray road jersey. It could be that I'm more of a traditional kinda guy, but I feel it's necessary to have one.

The logo seems like it might need something. The hat logo's great, but I think the primary logo's lacking something. Since the Bucco's have the Pirate thing, maybe try a ship? treasure chest? parrot?

I don't like the white sleeves on the black jersey much. Just a personal opinion, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have it that way. It's got great conrast, but it just seems a bit too much out of the ordinary. The white brim goes along these lines as well.

I don't think the number font and wordmark go together very well. I think a simple sans-serif would work much better. Not necessarily the plain block, but something a bit more simple to balance the elaborate wordmark.

It looks pretty decent now, but with a few tweaks, I think it'll be much improved. Hopefully this helps a bit.

ha, check this out

With a purported average of some 360 days of sunshine each year, it is nicknamed "The Sunshine City."

WHY DO THEY NEED THE FREAKIN' ROOF THEN

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

ha, check this out
With a purported average of some 360 days of sunshine each year, it is nicknamed "The Sunshine City."

Its either...

1. shortage of sunblock

2. more comfortable

3. meant to hide the Rays' bad performance

oBIgzrL.png

Botiger. When you logo is small, especially on a dark background like on the hat, in almost looks like TB with a marijuana leaf on the top cuz the tree trunk gets lost. That would be my main concern with it. Either do something to make it contrast to stand out mor or just ditch it completely. Otherwise I like the design.

Also phayze, I like yours. Even thugh you keep the logo, I think its fine cuz you took out the devil part which is the main thing that they are trying to accoplish. Nice work. I like it.

brianurlacher.png

I hopped on the Tampa Rays wagon.

Tampa Rays concept

I made it a .swf so you could zoom in (right click, in case you didn't know) and see details without me posting a huge image.

I see that it says you're supposed to start over, so disqualify it if you care, but I felt like doing a concept and just saw that.

Outstanding.

mainescarf.png

ha, check this out

Have you ever sat outside in June on the west coast of Florida at 7:05 PM???

Trust me i think its more Lightning and Rain than Sunshine at any time down here.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Trust me i think its more Lightning and Rain than Sunshine at any time down here.

Actually Fla is going through a bit of a drought right now. But the rainy season is generally June-September and also rains very little October-FebruaryMarch-May is moderate.

Contract this...."

251799582_m.jpg

Well if the weather during the major league season is just so inhospitable for baseball that it needs to be played on carpet under a roof, maybe they're in the wrong town. You wouldn't drive an ice cream truck around the Yukon. This is the place that wants to formally recognize the Yankees as their home team, after all. Lost cause. Move to Memphis.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived