Thrashers memorial patch

CDunn

The Thrashers are wearing a memorial patch this season for Dan Snyder.  It is the shield from the main logo with everything taken out.  It's black with a white outline.  In it is the number 37 in a very plain font like Helvetica or Arial, in white.  It is placed on the front of the jersey, in the colored sleeve portion, above where the Captians C would be.  With this logo, the five year logo, a logo on each shoulder, and the C or A for 3 players, they gotta drop something.  I'd lose the left shoulder logo and move the memorial patch in it's place.  

The memorial logo is great.  Simple, solemn, just what a memorial logo should be.  See it at atlantathrashers.com .

God bless Dan Snyder, Dany Heatley, and their families.

As someone who was at the game, the patches were a wonderful tribute.  In addition, that same "logo", for lack of a better word, will be on the boards in the corners all season long.

You couldn't help but get a lump in your throat as the bagpipes played "Amazing Grace".

Hey! As a native Georgian, I'll be happy to inform you that NASCAR is retarded.

Hey! A Georgian with good taste! So how's Tbilisi at this time of year? :D

Seriously, the patch is a fitting tribute. Perhaps the Thrashers should do away with the fifth anniversary patch and put it on the back of the helmet. A couple of more patches, and they will end up looking like a European hockey team!

I saw, I came, I left.

I thought that the Thrashers were swapping crests so that the T Bird would be on the white sweater.

Sorry if this detracts somewhat from the original nature of the post, but I didn't want to take the risk that Terry Tate's gonna bust me up for starting a new thread.

Just some good natured kidding there, Sy.   :P

• LMU locked this topic

Archived