Penn State beats Illinois

pcgd

Saturday Illinois lost to Penn State at the Assembly Hall. Why is an Illinois fan bringing this up? Only because I think Illinois' home dominance is overlooked in the College basketball world. You hear about how hard it is to win at Duke or Wisconsin, but rarely at the Assembly Hall.

The Penn State loss broke a 34 game home winning streak. Illinois has lost 3 games at home since the year 2000. Yes, 3 games in 6 and a half seasons. They have won 90.

Is there anywhere else that is tougher to play? I love the home atmosphere at any college basketball arena and would love to hear other thoughts on home dominance at any level of college basketball.

It was a 33 game streak,not that thats any less impressive mind you,but i digress.I think places like Assembly Hall,the Kohl in Madison and Michigans Arena (cant remember the name of it) are what makes Big 10 basketball the best in the country IMO.And how big is that for PSUs program,they go into East Lansing,and give the Spartans all they can handle.Then they go to Illinois and overcome a 16 point margin to win.

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Michigan plays at Crisler Arena.

I think that as in football, the fact that the whole Big Ten is capable of beating each other makes it easily the strongest conference in the NCAA. There is almost never a real doormat, as even Purdue almost beat Michigan on the road this year.\

Bummer with the Illini though, I still didn't see that loss coming.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived