Trojans/Roman logos

gordie_delini

Here's one. You go to the University of Oregon and you're arguing the historical accuracies of logos?

I don't think I've ever run across a duck that was wearing a sailor's hat and t-shirt OR any futuristic super suit. Find a way to solve your own University's problem with historical accuracy and THEN we can start to discuss the Trojans and Spartans.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Ok, so Ceaser *was* a senator. . . but who was on his line?

Pompey and Crassus . . . the Triumvirate line! :D

ok...someone's not letting this go...i didn't want to start an argument about the political situation in Rome.  happy now?  jesus.  ok, the ottawa logo is a senator.  it still doesn't depict a soldier of high enough rank however to more appropriately depict that.

Are you sure? He's wearing a cape, and according to you, only high-ranking officers wore capes.

So much for "Bring 'em on", I guess . . . :P

Joking aside, what would make the depiction more accurate, in your opinion?

Here's one. You go to the University of Oregon and you're arguing the historical accuracies of logos?

I don't think I've ever run across a duck that was wearing a sailor's hat and t-shirt OR any futuristic super suit. Find a way to solve your own University's problem with historical accuracy and THEN we can start to discuss the Trojans and Spartans.

A duck isn't really a historical figure.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A duck isn't really a historical figure.

gordie, i would probably say that the new alternate senator logo is better suited than the regular older logo. his armor and helmet need to be changed. generally, the higher ranking officers rode in the cavalry, but the point about his cape is a good one. i'm not sure how i would change this. i suppose you're correct in proposing that he is as close as one could get to a senator who would fight in the army. i think also the point made about the average joe fan not knowing their history is a good one too, so the general theme is good.

in more general terms though, i do believe that most, not necessarily all, roman or greek depictions in sports could be more accurate. i think more often the "spartans" logos are better suited than most others.

i feel that more and more though designers are getting more creative, and more historically accurate with their logos: the gwinnett gladiators is a great example of this, as well as the newer senators logo.

as to the duck - ask disney.

OD_Signature.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived