Detroit Tigers Primary Logo

KJTALBOT

Pantone posted this on his board, but there has been no discussion here that the Tigers switched their logo from the "Caged Tiger" to the simple Old English D. A great improvement imo. If you look on the Tigers website, you won't find the old primary.

Having a caged tiger as the logo is just bad karma. It's like having a wounded buffalo as you're logo.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Detroit has never used the tiger in the D logo on their website. And if you go into team history, it lists both the English D and the tiger w/ the D. And it's not caged, it's climbing through it.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Detroit has never used the tiger in the D logo on their website.

I don't think that's true. I could be wrong, but the tiger in the D was used on the site before MLB took over all teams' pages/templates.

I'm pretty sure that logo's been on the site sometime in the past 10 years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually liked the old hats with the Tiger D on them. Wish I could find a picture.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I actually liked the old hats with the Tiger D on them. Wish I could find a picture.

I've still got mine. It's gotta be a dozen years old at this point, and I had to open it up slightly in the back so it'd fit better. Great hat.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Detroit has never used the tiger in the D logo on their website. And if you go into team history, it lists both the English D and the tiger w/ the D. And it's not caged, it's climbing through it.

From the looks of the Tigers mid-section , he obviously ate Dimitri Young for lunch and he'll never get through now...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived