how bout some new nba conf logos?

NDwas

... brought to you by TNT. We Know Drama.

They look far too plain. Looks like a 5 second design, with 3 of the seconds used to scratch an itch. I'd say it works better as a Poker chip design, but even then it's a bit too plain to be a chip.

The basic layout is alright, but it needs something else going on if it even has a shot of working. Keep at it, see what comes up.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I thought TNT, too when I saw them. Definately too plain, maybe if you made the background a stylizied basketball or something.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

as is usually the case i think simplicity works here

and guys dont go saying this was thrown together real quick cuz notice the intricicies:

the west has the nba logo on the left (west) with the circle in blue to match up with the blue on jerry west's logo thats within the circle . also the text is right justified - ballancing out the nba logo on the left

with the east u got the opposite going on

all that stuff makes everything more pleasing to the eye even if u dont think of it right away, ur eye notices it. and its not easy to do. so even if this looks simple, dont sell iamthedorf short on the effort cuz its really well done when u think about all that stuff

my only suggestion would be a taller and more stylized font to fill up more of the circle. otherwise i really like it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I really like these.

I think the suggestion to use a basketball in the background is a clever one, but its success would depend on the subtlety of the ball (maybe only one shade off the current colours for the lines?)

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I think it's clever, and not too far fetched, considering the league's "NBA on TNT" contract with Turner. Now to the logos. The current logos, as with many sports logos, are far too busy. These are beautiful in their simplicity, which is why I don't agree at all with the "They're too plain." statements. I love the variation in placing the NBA logo on the apparent East or West side of the logo. If you used the actual DIN 1451 Engschrift font instead of the Bengals variation, I think these would be that much nicer, but fonts do cost money, so I understand your predicament. The words and logo look to be a little bit high up on the circle. I would move them down a few points. Also something to try, maybe make the words bigger, to the point that they are no longer confined by the red circle. Make them large enough that the white letters intersect the white line around the circle and around the NBA logo. Right now the circle looks a little to "complete." If you increased the size of the words to extend beyond those boundaries, your brain would naturally complete the circle, but it would be broken enough to add a lot of interest to these logos. PM me and I'll show you if that's not clear. Great idea, dorf.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i agree with tempest - nice work. my only suggestion would be to finish the black outline around the white of the NBA logo itself. if you don't understand what i mean, i can show you. this would just make a continuous black outline around the entire logo, rather than breaking at the NBA logo

OD_Signature.jpg

Hey, I'm new here, but I have to say that's a vast improvement. I don't to much care for the drop shadow though, I think a stroke would work fine. Good job though. I think the current conference logos are a tad cluttered.

Tag_by_Grungefan.png

|NFL - Colts|MLB - Cubs|NHL - Blackhawks|NBA - Pacers|NCAA - Butler|EPL - Chelsea FC|MLS - Timbers|

These are good as well. I don't like the shadow, either. The gold really adds something nice to these, and unifies then as a cohesive unit. I think having NBA WEST/EAST on the edges of the circle is redundant, though I do think you need NBA in the logos somewhere. I like just the Jerry West silhouette instead of the whole logo. The typeface is a little too retro for a sports conference logo, in my opinion, but that seems to be the style of the logos as a whole, so it works in that regard.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I am really liking these updates! As I said, I do feel that the first set was too plain, but had promise.

Couple of things about the second set:

I would lose the glow around Jerry West, it's out of place.

You are right in having something in the outer ring, but instead of restating the direction, why not put "Est. 1947" or something to that effect.

Keep at it, you are really getting at something!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

as is usually the case i think simplicity works here

and guys dont go saying this was thrown together real quick cuz notice the intricicies:

the west has the nba logo on the left (west) with the circle in blue to match up with the blue on jerry west's logo thats within the circle . also the text is right justified - ballancing out the nba logo on the left

with the east u got the opposite going on

all that stuff makes everything more pleasing to the eye even if u dont think of it right away, ur eye notices it. and its not easy to do. so even if this looks simple, dont sell iamthedorf short on the effort cuz its really well done when u think about all that stuff

my only suggestion would be a taller and more stylized font to fill up more of the circle. otherwise i really like it.

Hit the nail on the head. I would actually love to see these actually be used. I noticed the play on west/east immediately.

Archived