Ravens helmets

Patsfan99

Inspired by the "uniforms I miss" thread, I thought I'd vent briefly about something that has bothered me for the last few years....

why on earth do the ravens put their decals so high on their helmets? it almost seems to get higher every year... it's almost to the point where you can't see the whole logo in a profile shot...

ravens.jpg

l1596000.jpg

why can't they put it in the middle of the helmet where it's supposed to be?

ravens.gif

this annoys the heck out of me every time I watch them... which, thankfully, is not too often....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

somewhere there is a joke in here... something about jamal lewis keeping the ravens logo high...

but i'm too lazy to find the joke, and put it into words :)

long story short, the ravens are all criminals... and we should throw things at them.

Why all the hate, what I want to know is why people hate the Ravens uni so much, is it the soccer style crest that they have on their sleeves, is it the numbering scheme, is it their colour choices(purple, black and white). What is it exactly. And also ColeDMD, whats up with all the hate towards the organization, if its about Ray Lewis and the double murder charges then theres something really wrong with those comments.

I admit there have been a few Ravens players who are really good that have been in trouble with the law, but theres a lot of them who have not.

Why all the hate, what I want to know is why people hate the Ravens uni so much, is it the soccer style crest that they have on their sleeves, is it the numbering scheme, is it their colour choices(purple, black and white). What is it exactly. And also ColeDMD, whats up with all the hate towards the organization, if its about Ray Lewis and the double murder charges then theres something really wrong with those comments.

Yes, yes and yes.

Why all the hate, what I want to know is why people hate the Ravens uni so much, is it the soccer style crest that they have on their sleeves, is it the numbering scheme, is it their colour choices(purple, black and white). What is it exactly.  And also ColeDMD, whats up with all the hate towards the organization, if its about Ray Lewis and the double murder charges then theres something really wrong with those comments.

Yes, yes and yes.

...along with that they used to be the Cleveland Browns.

I hated the old Browns, now the Ravens, and now the new Brownies too.

In an effort to seriously answer the original question. I believe the logo is so high on the helmet in an effort to prevent it from being covered by the high chin strap snap. Many helmets have the double chin strap that snaps up on the temple area of the helmet and it does cover some of the logos. I'm guessing the Ravens are trying to avoid this. Anybody else notice that the Packers do the same thing?

"Hey Brett! either :censored: or get off the pot!"

Thanks for the logical answer, it makes sense, you don't want the decal covered up by chinstraps...

anyways to all the ravens haters out there, do you hate them because the Ravens won the Superbowl with a non-existent offense, was it because the ravens could of had any QB that year and still won the superbowl, how about the fact that their leader and Superbowl 35 MVP was charged for double murder, how about Art Model. Whatever the reason is the Ravens will go down in history as one of the best defenses of the 00's, and will always be remembered alongside other defenses like the 85' Bears and the gritz blitz falcons.

So to all the Raven haters ....i say muhahahaha....

I doubt its the curvature thing. The Broncos logo is the same general shape and they have it positioned right.

I hate THIS:

BaltimoreRavens_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Two different Purples.  One for the logos, and one for the uniforms.

Why?  Dear God, why?

What a :censored:ing mess!

They almost make the Cowboys' color set look good.

Do remember this is the Same organization that picked theColors of Orange , Brown & White . <_<

long story short, the ravens are all criminals... and we should throw things at them.

Titans fan per your sig, I see. Sounds like someone is still a little bitter about seeing his team manhandled at home during the Ravens' Super Bowl run. :D

As for the mismatched colors, the only inconsistency I see is the two shades of purple (which, I presume, includes a lighter purple for the logo so it shows up better against the black helmet). As for the red and yellow, they are there because they are part of the Maryland flag (see below), which is incorporated into the shield logo. I don't why their inclusion is a problem at all.

mdflag.jpg

It's funny how people have a bias against the Ravens for two major reasons: Art Modell leaving Cleveland and Ray Lewis's incident in Atlanta.

Yet, shockingly, no one hates the Colts' ownership for moving a team that was just as loved as the Browns (AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.)

And...no one considers the Panthers a team of criminals even though they had a wide receiver who actually was convicted of a murder attempt on his girlfriend.

My top ten reasons not to like the Ravens:

1) Art Modell

2) Ray Lewis

3) Jamal Lewis

4) Tony Siragusa's cheap shot on Rich Gannon

5) Boring uniforms

6) Brian Billick

7) They have a MNF football game every year for no good reason

8) Super Bowl XXXV was boring, and I consider it never having happened

9) I'm too young to care about the Baltimore Colts

10) Cleveland deserved the Super Bowl they won

Are those enough?