1986 Mets 20th anniversary

cmm

In an effort to sell more tickets, the Mets are going to be honoring their 1986 championship team throughout the season this year. Their website has a logo for the team's 20th anniversary here:

'86 anniversary logo

I don't like that they actually made a logo for this, but I do like the logo itself. It is in the style of the 25th anniversary logo used during the '86 season.

I couldn't find a picture, but I remember the Mets using a logo similar to this in 1996 for the 10th anniversary of their Championship.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I find it odd commemorating a championship year. I think it's great to hang banners for every year you've won, but to designate a season as the anniversary year. I mean, imagine if the Yankees did that. Every year would be some anniversary. Just put banners up with the team logo and the WS logo of that season. No need for patches and stuff.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Mariners did the same thing last year with the 10th Anniversary of the 1995 Division Champs. Not even a World Series to commemorate, but hey, you gotta find some history to celebrate! They didn't use it as a patch or anything, just more of a marketing thing.

SEA_5033.gif

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

If it is a sleeve patch, it's a billion times better than the nonsense they wore in 2004:

http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=1845

Maybe but that patch from 2004 was an updating of a the patch they wore in 1964 to celebrate the 1964-1965 World's Fair.

1964 patch:

64patch.jpg

2004 Patch:

2004patch.jpg

The players on the 2004 patch represent the 'neon' ballplayers on the facade of Shea.

Here's another view of the logo:

logo_20thanniv_170x150.gif

The text on the bottom is bad. From a distance, the swash on the W runs into the 2 and makes it look like a 3. At first I thought "30th Anniversary... someone needs to go back to grade school".

• LMU locked this topic

Archived