Another Bizarre eBay Find

Roger Clemente

Now playing for the AtlantaPittsburgh FalconSteelers....#36....Jerome Bettis

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I saw it too. When I first saw it on TV I thought it was a Falcons jersey. Then I noticed the font of the numbers was the same as the Steelers and I noticed the Steelers logo below the neckline. It must be some kind of special Super Bowl jersey the NFL sold to make some extra money off all of the Steeler fans in Detroit.

These are real jerseys. I've seen them all around Pittsburgh with different player numbers. It's a pretty good way to cash in on the SUPER BOWL SPEND SPEND SPEND mentality of some fans, because someone making a careful and considered purchase sure wouldn't pick up one of these weird things.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Those "Super Bowl Sleeve" jerseys have been around for several years. When the Rams went to SBXXXVI there were jerseys being sold that matched the body panels of the game jerseys but had custom sleeves in red white and blue with the Super Bowl logo on them. I can't remember what the desgin was for the sleeves back then but I'm pretty sure it didn't mimic the sleeve stylings of another team like the ones pictured in that eBay entry mimic Atlanta's. In any event, I can understand shelling out money for a replica jersey that looks like the game day jerseys or shelling out good money for a high quality Super Bowl t-shirt, polo shirt or sweatshirt, but I can't see spending that kind of dough for a fashion jersey. Oh well, there's obviously enough people buying them to warrant someone manufacturing them for sale every year.

Someone at school had one of those but for shaun alexander.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Those "Super Bowl Sleeve" jerseys have been around for several years.  When the Rams went to SBXXXVI there were jerseys being sold that matched the body panels of the game jerseys but had custom sleeves in red white and blue with the Super Bowl logo on them.  I can't remember what the desgin was for the sleeves back then but I'm pretty sure it didn't mimic the sleeve stylings of another team like the ones pictured in that eBay entry mimic Atlanta's.  In any event, I can understand shelling out money for a replica jersey that looks like the game day jerseys or shelling out good money for a high quality Super Bowl t-shirt, polo shirt or sweatshirt, but I can't see spending that kind of dough for a fashion jersey.  Oh well, there's obviously enough people buying them to warrant someone manufacturing them for sale every year.

I saw a bunch around after the Ravens were in SB XXXV as well. If I recall correctly (and I may not), they were patterned after the Titans uniforms, but with a white body and gold shoulders/sleeves. However, they had purple numbers with black dropshadows, like the Ravens' whites. I don't have a picture anywhere. In any case, if memory serves me, they were a prior example of a SB fashion jersey patterned after a different, existing team.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

These are real jerseys.

Thanks, I thought I was looking at a hologram.

Yeah because it's not like people make "knock-off" or "counterfeit" jerseys and try to pass them off as "real". Real obviously only means "it exists in the physical world".

:rolleyes:

The term "real" would be "officially licensed"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived