Super Bowl Parades

black_gold_capone

Wow. I've never been to a championship parade before. I was kind of pissed that I really didn't get to see anything but Cowher, Whisenhunt, and Verron Haynes head's. Polamalu's hair made alot of cheers as he let it down.....But no trophy!!!! I did see the best fan's in the world and it reminded me why I was born and raised a Steeler fan!

I did however see Hines Ward in his Super Bowl MVP Escalade! ( He was in the passenger side and of course a cop was in front of him)

Anyways it was overall great because I was there, even though I didn't see really good.......Any other Super Bowl Parade stories?

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

I was at the Patriots' first Super Bowl parade back in 2002. It was about 10 degrees, and a million-plus people packed into a few city blocks in Boston. It was cold, but it was a lot of fun. I got to see the Lombardi Trophy travel by in one of the Duck Boats. Then my friend and I went to celebrate at a nice establishment near Fenway Park.

Word of advice: don't get drunk and walk home past an art supply store. You may end up with a lot of paper and colored pencils, and a lighter wallet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not any stories here... there won't be a title in Philly until they tear down Liberty One and all other buildings higher than City Hall.

Or put City Hall on risers so Billy Penn sits atop the skyline again. Alternately, they could make the new Comcast Tower the new City Hall and put Billy there. Problem solved, and no messy demolition to worry about.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Never an NFL parade, being that Atlanta can't get over the hump for football. But, I went to the Braves parade, and i thought that was pretty good. Several marching bands, just about every player you had heard of, plus the ones you hadn?t. Tons and tons of tickertape, and news cameras everywhere.

The best thing about a championship parade is the camaraderie between strangers, and the happy, excited atmosphere.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No NFL ones, but I've been to a few parades...

1986 Hartford Whalers (yep, only Hartford could do something like this...have a parade for a team that got bounced in the Conf. Semis. )

1994 New York Rangers (nothing beats a parade in the Canyon Of Heroes with the ticker tape falling from the high rises)

1999 UConn Mens Hoops

2004 UConn Mens & Womens Hoops

Also been to 1 "celebration"...2000 Hartford Wolfpack...no parade, just a rally inside of the Civic Center. The funniest moment of the whole thing was when the then-Mayor of Hartford started to speak, folks started chanting "WHERE'S OUR PARADE?"

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived