USA Hockey Roster

KevinMcD

If you are an American citizen, yes. You can, for intance, be born in Austrailia to two american parents and still be an American citizen and a natural born Austrailian citizen.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Isnt Andru Jones playing for norway or something in the World Baseball Classic? He was born in Curecau and lives in the US. How does that make sense?

The answer ebing, you can play for anyone you can make ties to. I could be on Ireland's basketball team caus emy grandfather moved form there.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Isnt Andru Jones playing for norway or something in the World Baseball Classic? He was born in Curecau and lives in the US. How does that make sense?

The answer ebing, you can play for anyone you can make ties to. I could be on Ireland's basketball team caus emy grandfather moved form there.

He's playing for the Neatherlands, I think.

Andruw is playing for the Netherlands in the WBC....

Mostly b/c Curacao is part of the Netherlands Antillies, which is a part of the Netherlands..so technially, Andruw Jones is a Dutch citizen.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Isn't this the same situation that happened with Brett Hull? He was born in Ontario, but grew up in the US (I think) and played for the US Olympic team.

Correct...cept Brett IIRC was born in Vancouver. He did try out for Team Canada one time, didn't make it, then went and made the US team.

Same thing applied to Adam Deadmarsh as well...born in Canada, played for the US.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

There is a woman who lives down the block from me and she and her brother competed for Greece in the Winter Olympics in Luge. Their Grandfather was from Greece and since apparently Greece has no Lugers, they pretty much got in just for makiing the effort.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Isn't this the same situation that happened with Brett Hull? He was born in Ontario, but grew up in the US (I think) and played for the US Olympic team.

Correct...cept Brett IIRC was born in Vancouver. He did try out for Team Canada one time, didn't make it, then went and made the US team.

Same thing applied to Adam Deadmarsh as well...born in Canada, played for the US.

yep, Deadmarsh is from Trail, BC and Hull was born in Belleville, ON

iGLssSH.png

Olaf Kolzig (born in South Africa) come to mind when it comes to hockey and he plays for Germany. In basketball, I know Steve Nash was born in South Africa as well and of course, he plays for team Canada.

Archived