Mizzou sinking

BJ Sands

I don't know how many of y'all follow Mizzou basketball, but we got killed 90-64 at Baylor. That result puts us only 1/2 game ahead of BU in the Big XII standings.

Everybody knows that Quin Snyder is gone at the end of the season. More intriguing is who would want the job? The new arena is a white elephant, the fans are blase at best and the program is in disarray. Don't forget that the Laurie family runs the MU athletic department.

What a mess.

Rock Chalk Jay-Hawk . . . go K.U.

Living here in Missouri, those fans have been gripping since they beat KU and went on their current 7 game losing streak.

Sorry about your team, even if it's MU (Mistake University). :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I've been hearing a fair amount of chatter that Bobby Knight's interested in turning Tech over to his son Pat and coming up to Columbia to try and rebuild the Mizzou roundball program. I've also heard that Larry Brown might be willing to walk away from what looks like a pretty awful situation with the Knicks and head back for one more college gig. Whatever the case may be, Mizzou should fire Snyder NOW. Mel Watkins or Jay Spoonhour could do just as much with this group of kids as Snyder is doing and it would give the university a lot of time to see who's interested in the position. It would also be good to assure recruits that they won't have to worry about Snyder squandering their talents.

Oh, and KCScout - jeer us all you want. So long as you live in Raytown, your tax dollars are still financing our athletic program, nyuk nyuk nyuk! :P

How about Paige? I'm sure she's got really good credentials :P By the way, if Larry Brown came back and went to MIZZOU?!?!?! Ever since Roy decided he did give a :censored: about UNC after all, everyone decided Larry was the last great coach at KU. Does that mean we have to wish Phog will come back from the dead?

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I really hope Mizzou can rebound from this and get a top notch coach. It's better for the rivalry with KU. It would be no fun if it's lopsided either way.

I too have heard the Bobby Knight rumblings. One rumor is that he has already contacted a real estate agent about housing in Columbia. But right now it's all hearsay.

Dang, Missouri University-Columbia is sinking and here I am without any life preservers.

:P

I agree with yh. Jay Spoonhour would be more than capable to run the ship for the rest of the season. He's going to be a fantastic head coach some day - just like his old man.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived