Bruins logo changing?

sbutler66

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the RBK 2006 Holiday Apparel catalog there is a "TBD" next to a couple of team names including Boston, Anaheim, Washington. Jersey re-designs or just the logos?

Anyone heard any rumblings?

It's very possible these teams (and more) are changing. We know Anaheim is. Rumblings here in the DC area is that the Caps are changing as well. Also, I read somewhere that there is a good chance that as many as a dozen teams will be changing logos and/or jerseys next season. Reebok will have control of those changes too. I honestly must say, I do not like the idea of Reebok running the point on logo and jersey designs. Personally, I think the way Reebok has handled their NHL contract thus-far is just awful.

Reebok will have control of those changes too.

I would find it very hard to believe Reebok, or Nike or anyone else, would be given control of team's logo designs, at least not without the team's 100% approval.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

From what I've heard Boston is completely changing their uniform design, but the logo remains the same.

Good. I'd be amazed if they got rid of the spokes. Are they keeping the same "Fuzzybear" bruin? Is it possible they are going to a retro design? And if you can't tell, or don't know, I am okay with that :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From what I've heard Boston is completely changing their uniform design, but the logo remains the same.

Good. I'd be amazed if they got rid of the spokes. Are they keeping the same "Fuzzybear" bruin? Is it possible they are going to a retro design? And if you can't tell, or don't know, I am okay with that :D

Good riddance to the Pooh Bear jersey...well, the jersey itself ain't bad, but the fruity bear on the front just makes me wanna go buy some Honey Dew Donuts.

hdlogo.gif

In the RBK 2006 Holiday Apparel catalog there is a "TBD" next to a couple of team names including Boston, Anaheim, Washington. Jersey re-designs or just the logos?

I saw the same catalog. Add Buffalo to that list as well. From what I understand only Boston, Anahiem, Buffalo, and Washington are changing logos. All uniform designs, however, are expected to change, new logos or not.

I cannot wait to see an original 6 team with piping and football-like shoulder stripes and a template that matches that of several other teams...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I saw the same catalog. Add Buffalo to that list as well. From what I understand only Boston, Anahiem, Buffalo, and Washington are changing logos. All uniform designs, however, are expected to change, new logos or not.

Apparently San Jose is changing their logo too.

For the record I have not seen any of the new designs, so don't bother asking me what they look like.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm not ready for this. I can't imaging the Bruins without the spoked B. Or anything different for serveral other teams -- Habs, Hawks, Wings, Flyers, Leafs, Oilers, to name a few.

I get this awful feeling this RBK venture will result in one giant cluster....

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I get this awful feeling this RBK venture will result in one giant cluster....

It's looking that way. I just hope that people do not run out and buy these jerseys...maybe they will scale back the madness eventually.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm usually one of these "Gotta buy the new jersey" people, but I think I'm going to slow my roll on this one. Would it inspire RBK and the NHL to change if enough people didn't buy the new jerseys, logo merchandise, etc?

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Those jerseys with the current logo and font, including tie neck, would be awesome.

to be honest, i really hate that new logo. i mean, do they really need to outline everything in black. as a designer, and as a design teacher, it reminds me of the old addage "do you really need to wear belt and suspenders?"

seriously, we get it.. there are spokes, and your colors are black and gold... leave it alone... go back to the retro look, and stick with it.

and while their at it... get the celts to put "BOSTON" back on their away jerseys.

I think the Bruins ruined there logo back in '95 when they went from actually having two different spoked B's, one home and one away. The gold spoked B was awesome.

I'm one for the Bruins to go retro and back to there solid white and solid black uni's. They need that Original Six look back!!

Archived