Pointless Uniform Trivia

The Danimal

I just realized that the Carolina Panthers have played 9 post-season games in their 11 year history (2 home, 6 road, 1 neutral) yet have never worn their home black jerseys in any of them. That's got to be some kind of record.

It is true that during the regular season the Panthers wear white the first four home games and black the last four...however, both of their home playoff games have been vs. the Cowboys so Carolina went with white so Dallas would wear their "unlucky" blues.

I just realized that the Carolina Panthers have played 9 post-season games in their 11 year history (2 home, 6 road, 1 neutral) yet have never worn their home black jerseys in any of them. That's got to be some kind of record.

It is true that during the regular season the Panthers wear white the first four home games and black the last four...however, both of their home playoff games have been vs. the Cowboys so Carolina went with white so Dallas would wear their "unlucky" blues.

being that the whites are the better of their 3 unis it makes sense.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I remember when the NFL was tossing the idea around to put a franchise in the Carolinas back in the mid 80's. (I live Charleston, SC btw.) One of the names that was suggested was the Blue Hens. This was to combine "flavors from the two state universities. Thankfully this idea never made it far. The reason I bring this usless trivia up is when I see the team's colors of black and carolina blue,I always wonder if these two colors are supposed to be a combination of USC's black and UNC's blue. Just wondering.

I've been a Panthers fan since day one and had never heard the USC/UNC color explanation. Interesting, although garnet is usually more associated with USC than black.

The Panthers blue isn't really UNC blue, but close.

Not really close at all. Panther blue is much darker and slightly greener than Carolina blue.

I'm sure Pantone has posted a comparison recently.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived