Isn't anyone curious about the padres new unis?

TruColor

Confirmed by MLB...

Official Padres colors for 2004: Navy, Powder Blue, Khaki

Road uniform: Navy Cap, w/ Khaki SD & white outline. All Khaki road uniform with Navy "San Diego" in fish-eye style font.

Primary logo has oceanlike script over homeplate with powder blue wave under.

Ya weren't supposed to spill it yet...

yeesh.

Hey, no offense PANTONE, but it seems alafornia got you off the hook (after all of that deleting you did earlier). I, for one, am glad he spilled the beans. I've been very curious... and if MLB 'confirmed' it, why not share with those who want to know most?

That is, of course, assuming you weren't alafornia's source, but since it was his one and only post, my guess is you don't even know him. So, you didn't burn your source and we got the info. Sounds good to me.

(Just curious, who says you weren't supposed to 'spill it' yet? Was this just privileged info for merchandisers or something?)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're right...I don't know "alifornia" (where's the "C"), but he/she DID get me off the hook...

"Fish-eye" sounds like a good description for the road jersey font...

Oh, and I'm liking the new, modified "SD" on the caps the more I look at it...

I'm awfully paranoid, but I'll post some stuff as soon as I think it's safe...

...that gives me an idea...

Hey, I didn't tell! I didn't tell! ANd I so much wanted to, but I fought the urge.

Anyway, the color of the road uniform seems very similar to the padres roads from 1985-1990.

I have to say I really like the look and I'm thinking of buying a road jersey when they come out.

I'll do this much:

SAN DIEGO PADRES BLUE

SAN DIEGO PADRES LIGHT BLUE

SAN DIEGO PADRES KHAKI

SAN DIEGO PADRES ROAD KHAKI/TAN

Even though PadreHomer's probably been dyin', he's held up his end of the bargain (!)...

Actually, what I'm predicting is that most of you will complain that the colors look too much like the Brewers...the Light Blue is really a secondary color; the main hues are Navy and Khaki...

First off, it sounds to me like alifornia is Pantone :cool: Until alifornia's post Pantone hadn't posted in this thread in days. Somehow, coincidently Pantone sees this and posts within 4 minutes (enough time to log off and back on). Pantone was too excited and had to spill, which is cool cause we all got to know. So, let me say,"Thanks Pantalifornia!" Hey, if I am way off base, then I guess it shows why I am no private eye. If I am correct, maybe I should get a career change. :D

I like the colors! The blue is not what I'd call sky blue or powder blue. It's more of a pale slate blue. The beige colors are good, I am just wondering about the unis. I hope they don't spoil it. I like the Giants' off-white homes cause it's subtle. Let's hope the Pads know that less is more.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Sounds like a cool mix to me.  Colors seem similar to the one used on the SB27 logo.

BTW-the owner of the Pads, JJ Moores, is a U of Houston alum.  The baseball Coogs had khaki road uniforms last season with navy and red trim.  They looked awful, but I suspect the SD unis will look much better with blue and gold instead of red.

First off, it sounds to me like alifornia is Pantone :cool: The Until alifornia's post Pantone hadn't posted in this thread in days. Somehow, coincidently Pantone sees this and posts within 4 minutes (enough time to log off and back on). Pantone was too excited and had to spill, which is cool cause we all got to know. So, let me say,"Thanks Pantalifornia!" Hey, if I am way off base, then I guess it shows why I am no private eye. If I am correct, maybe I should get a career change. :D

I like the colors! The blue is not what I'd call sky blue or powder blue. It's more of a pale slate blue. The beige colors are good, I am just wondering about the unis. I hope they don't spoil it. I like the Giants' off-white homes cause it's subtle. Let's hope the Pads know that less is more.

I wish the Conspiracy Theory was true, but no...I'm not "alifornia"...however, I have a theory as to who it might have been (!)...

I posted as a different alias once on the FanHome board, but nobody figured it out...

Archived