SEC Throwbacks

StampedeMark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very pleased that the conference is being systematic about it had having each team do a home and away against another team in throwbacks. Plus, I think the doing the whole conference tourney in them will be cool. I'm sure my beef will be that their shorts will be so long that the whole uni will look sloppy.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I like all of them and the whole idea. Just ONE problem. My Gators. They're still only selling the #1 to everyone. I mean come on it's a throwback. Sell them with whoever was the star player during the year those jerseys were worn. Sheesh! :wacko:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

On the Kentucky jersey, it has the wrong number. Dan Issel wore #44.

It doesn't matter - Issel never wore that style uniform; he wore the old Rupp (satin shorts) uniforms. The SEC throwbacks are from the 1977/78 NCAA Championship team (also worn in at least 1978/79, and maybe the following year as well).

Vanderbilt's is the best. The school that should ditch its current look for the throwback is Ole Miss. Maybe Auburn too.

FF156477-l.jpg

Much better than what they have now with the oversized, oversized numbers.

DEFINITELY!!! These are much better than what we've been wearing over the last few years. The women went to an older font recently, but look as if they've ditched that look.

QUOTE (pooter @ Tuesday, February 14th, 2006 - 04:11:40)

It doesn't matter - Issel never wore that style uniform; he wore the old Rupp (satin shorts) uniforms. The SEC throwbacks are from the 1977/78 NCAA Championship team (also worn in at least 1978/79, and maybe the following year as well).

Along those lines, the LSU one has been billed locally as a Pete Maravich-era "throwback" Maybe there's an older LSU fan out there who can help me out, but I don't think LSU wore yellow during Pete's time there. I give them props for getting the fonts close to a Maravich-era match. But if LSU didn't wear yellow back then, then the "yellow throwback" is a bastardized version. And I can't stand improperly done "throwbacks."

QUOTE (pooter @ Tuesday, February 14th, 2006 - 04:11:40)

Along those lines, the LSU one has been billed locally as a Pete Maravich-era "throwback" Maybe there's an older LSU fan out there who can help me out, but I don't think LSU wore yellow during Pete's time there. I give them props for getting the fonts close to a Maravich-era match. But if LSU didn't wear yellow back then, then the "yellow throwback" is a bastardized version. And I can't stand improperly done "throwbacks."

If they were the '78 Championship year jerseys, they should have had Robey or Givens.

I agree, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of The Pistol wearing a yellow LSU jersey.

I actually think that Florida should keep their throwbacks as full time uniforms, too. Be better than what they have now, and maybe it would get rid of their black. I don't mind when black is an added color (see Duke) or when it's a thrid color that gets seldom used (the never-seen Maryland blacks or NC State's blacks from a couple of years ago) but schools who already have two colors (Florida, Miami, UCLA) who add a black uniform eat at me.

A better look at the Tennessee home jersey.

435351.jpeg

Rumor has it these will be the full-time jerseys next year.

These are 100% accurate because the manufacturer (adidas, by Ripon) had an original Ernie and Bernie era jersey in hand when designing and manufacturing them.

A better look at the Tennessee home jersey.

435351.jpeg

Rumor has it these will be the full-time jerseys next year.

These are 100% accurate because the manufacturer (adidas, by Ripon) had an original Ernie and Bernie era jersey in hand when designing and manufacturing them.

As long as we never see Bruce Pearl in that hideous orange blazer again, I don't care what the Vols wear on the court :P

QPR%20Sig.png

Here's a closeup of my Gators! :D

FF156452-xl.jpg

FF156452alt2_xl.jpg

FF156452alt3_xl.jpg

FF156452alt4_xl.jpg

And here's what they currently wear....

FF_145318_xl.jpg

FF145318alt2_xl.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

As long as we never see Bruce Pearl in that hideous orange blazer again, I don't care what the Vols wear on the court :P

He's already said he's going to keep busting that thing out for the Vandy and Kentucky games in the future. Shield your eyes accordingly. B)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived