SEC Throwbacks

StampedeMark

does anyone have a photo of the actual vandy throwback jerseys?

bildeSiteDNDate20060219CategorySPOR.jpg

What's pathetic is that this is actually the best picture I can find, and it showcases Georgia's throwback look better than Vandy's. At least it shows that the Commodore non-white set is more their current vegas gold, and less the mustard gold that drawings seemed to indicate.

Nice pants. Another reason why my love of college bb has faded over the years.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Florida at Alabama game the other day and really liked both sets of unis. I really liked that the Florida unis tried to mimic the old belts on the shorts. Unfortunately, you couldn't see them half the time. The previous post shows the home shorts with the fake belt. Cool idea.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Thanks but no thanks. Many of the SEC throwbacks aren't better than the uniforms that are worn today. The exceptions are Auburn and Georgia. Both these teams currently wear awful uniforms (Georgia especially) and both could take a few lessons from the uniforms they've been wearing over the past week. As far as everyone else goes, I think they have good enough uniforms, especially Florida and Tennessee. For some of them, there really aren't that many siginificant changes or the newer uniforms are just updates of the previous versions.

I don't know if it was put to a vote or not, but Kentucky has also worn their throwbacks in every game since their introduction.

The throwbacks all have some uniqueness to them (except for the Vandy and LSU sets) and are an improvement over the somewhat "generic" look Nike provided for their teams this year.

It's currently used by the women's athletic department at UT, and is an official color for the women's athletic department (completely seperate from the mens programs).

Blue was, however, first used on the men's bb unis of that era.

Alabama's players voted unanimously to wear the throwbacks for the rest of the season.IMG_8932.jpgIMG_8950.jpgfelix_au06_js.jpg

Arkansas will also be wearing their throwbacks for the rest of the year. The reasoning is quite simple really, they are 5-0 while wearing that style this year (they wore them for a game at Auburn when the Tigers were celebrating their centenial). Another interesting fact about this uniform set, the last time they were worn the Hogs went to the final four (losing to Kentucky . . . congrats to you guys) with the triplets . . . which included a number ten by the name of Brewer. Sorry to bring up the whole Ronnie Brewer is Ron Brewer's son thing again, I know all you SEC fans are sick of hearing about it since it is mentioned everygame that Arkansas plays in.

dolphins2.png

Not too keen on the UT-Arkansas-Vandy and UK throwbacks, but man, the UF and 'bama sets are really sweet and the rest of the conference sets are improvements, imo, on what they currently wear. Wish the ACC would do this so the Heels could wear the 70's-80's era set they wore vs. UVa at home in the 04-05 season.

Archived