Wings Alternate (plus intro)

][ncognito

Hey guys. First post over here. My name is Chaz, and I've been browsing here for a bit catching the upcoming news on the NHL and RBK catastrophy in the making. I figured I might as well register and make a few posts. I come here, as a few others have, from the Double Minor hockey community (I know a few guys post here, ColeJ, Drezz, Higgy, etc).

Anywho, a while back I got to talking about Wings concepts and the talks of them getting a 3rd jersey possibly (with this whole RBK reinvention supposedly coming) and I wanted to see what I could come up with. I'm very against adding any new colors to the scheme, and didn't want to make some rehash of the current jerseys. I found it to be a rather interesting task to come up with a somewhat unique jersey with only 2 colors to work with.

I ended up going with a retro styling in some sorts with a modern flair. I inverted the logo, which I think looks good on the jersey and adds a bit of difference between the home and road.

Wings3rd.png

Anyway. Hi guys :)

Welcome...I too was from Thunderpuck, still remember my days in the DMFHL (I think it was called that) as the back-up goalie for the Aviator of Gem City (sweet logo).

My screen was either this (Texasrangers13) or AHL...I am not sure.

onto your stuff, I love it, it portrays the perfect future for the Wings (whom I dislike greatly) but its a great job, amazing, and welcome.

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

Hey guys. First post over here. My name is Chaz, and I've been browsing here for a bit catching the upcoming news on the NHL and RBK catastrophy in the making. I figured I might as well register and make a few posts. I come here, as a few others have, from the Double Minor hockey community (I know a few guys post here, ColeJ, Drezz, Higgy, etc).

Anywho, a while back I got to talking about Wings concepts and the talks of them getting a 3rd jersey possibly (with this whole RBK reinvention supposedly coming) and I wanted to see what I could come up with. I'm very against adding any new colors to the scheme, and didn't want to make some rehash of the current jerseys. I found it to be a rather interesting task to come up with a somewhat unique jersey with only 2 colors to work with.

I ended up going with a retro styling in some sorts with a modern flair. I inverted the logo, which I think looks good on the jersey and adds a bit of difference between the home and road.

DUDE, another former Thunderpucker and 2KHockey.Net'er!!! I dont know if you'd remember me, but I was shafted from recieving the Mod promotion over at 2K and the people who were promoted became tyranical and drove alot of the members that made it fun away... like myself... Ah well, I love it here and don't plan on leaving it anytime soon. No more stupid "EA vs. Sega" wars...like the one that closed Thunderpuck and causes trouble over at 2K...

BTW, welcome, and thats a wicked lookin concept!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

DUDE, another former Thunderpucker and 2KHockey.Net'er!!! I dont know if you'd remember me, but I was shafted from recieving the Mod promotion over at 2K and the people who were promoted became tyranical and drove alot of the members that made it fun away... like myself... Ah well, I love it here and don't plan on leaving it anytime soon. No more stupid "EA vs. Sega" wars...like the one that closed Thunderpuck and causes trouble over at 2K...

Thanks for the compliment man :) and yeah I do recall you.

I haven't been over to 2k.net much lately but sounds not too good. You should come back over to doubleminor.net. It's a nice calm environment over there now :) Though due to another lackluster EA game and 2khockey.net with a big portion of sega's fan base there isn't a lot of game discussion, it's still a good place.

This definitely seems like a very cool place to spend some time. I'm thinkin I'll enjoy my stay here. From the threads i've read it seems a nice informative place with a lot of knowledgable members in the ways of team logos and designs. Lots of good threads I've read here so far.

[ncognito' date=Friday, February 10th, 2006 - 03:44:31]

Thanks for the compliment man :) and yeah I do recall you.

I haven't been over to 2k.net much lately but sounds not too good. You should come back over to doubleminor.net. It's a nice calm environment over there now :) Though due to another lackluster EA game and 2khockey.net with a big portion of sega's fan base there isn't a lot of game discussion, it's still a good place.

This definitely seems like a very cool place to spend some time. I'm thinkin I'll enjoy my stay here. From the threads i've read it seems a nice informative place with a lot of knowledgable members in the ways of team logos and designs. Lots of good threads I've read here so far.

I'll check out doubleminor.net, I've been hearing some good things about it. I kind of...exagerated about 2K, its not THAT horrible of a place, but right now its slowly dying and really only being used by a core group of people, some of whome I have nothing against, and others who have rubbed me the wrong way. It could be because nothing about 2K7 is out there yet, but I've learned this place is alot more mellow and Chris is the coolest Admin you could ever hope for. So enjoy your stay, and I will see you around, on here, possibly 2K the odd times, and doubleminor.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Chaz, welcome to the boards! Long time, no see :D

Anyways, I could really see something like this working for the Red Wings in real life. A couple of quickie critiques:

--Love the striping pattern on the sleeves, it's a nice update without making the design too busy.

--Regarding the inverted logo, didn't they do that up through the early 1980's? You know, before they went with those weird-looking numbers for a season.

--Nice to see the tie-down collar included, it should be mandatory for at least one jersey on each of the Original Six teams. The only question is, would it be integrated into RBK's modern, form-fitting jersey?

Side note: What is it with the influx of DMHNers coming over to the Creamer boards lately? I really have to get back over there an re-establish ties with the DMHN community, if not to make add-ons (there is a possibility I'll be resuming a project I had for NHL 2002 in the near future) then at least to shoot the breeze with some of the people I haven't talked to in a while.

QPR%20Sig.png

Your concept sucks because you didn't acknowledge me, ][-man. :cursing:

Actually, it's quite solid. Very traditional. This would make a great alternate jersey if you replaced the winged wheel with a scripted "D". That is, of course, if alternate jerseys for original 6 teams weren't completely wrong.

chazbob!

i should get some kind of token moderatorship here, because of all the people from DMHN i convince to sign up here :P

note i said token, because i don't even think i do anything admin related at dmhn either, anymore.

Your concept sucks because you didn't acknowledge me, ][-man.  :cursing:

Actually, it's quite solid. Very traditional. This would make a great alternate jersey if you replaced the winged wheel with a scripted "D". That is, of course, if alternate jerseys for original 6 teams weren't completely wrong.

I didn't know Kennah was here too :D Surely I would've acknowledged you as well :P As far as the logo, I have never liked the though of a scripted D as the main logo. It seems to bland, and I've never seen one that someone else did that I liked. I think this works well this way. Kinda like what the Flyers did with their 3rd logo, but not as cheesy with the silver.

Moser: Hey man, yeah it's been a while, and you ougtta come back and catch up with us :) As far as the logo, yes I'm pretty sure they had an inverted logo like that, though it wasn't with the current incarnation of it, which is kind of what I was going for. Something different from the main logo without losing the identity of it. I thought the inverted colors looked pretty good and worked for the jersey.

This isn't really designed to coincide with RBK's rapery of the jerseys. This was made before I heard of that, and with the intention that RBK will be vetoed on such matters (hopefully)

As far as the influx of DMHN'ers, I think it's just because of a few links to this site, and guys browsing and eventually signing up. Especially guys like Ken and Drezz who have made lots of logos and would fit in perfectly here.

Shumway: Actually the Maple Leafs 3rd was something I sort of used for the inspiration for this. I figured they had only two colors to work with and the Leafs 3rd is one of the nicest jerseys in the league, so I used some ideas from that as inspiration for this design. I figure if Colorado can have their 3rd which kinda mocks the Rangers design, this would be OK for the Wings.

Cole: You are a cult leader! You lead and we sheep follow :D

Great jersey ][ncognito! It's really awesome! When i clicked on this topic I though it would be garbage, cause well you can't mess with the wings! but then when i saw it, my jaw dropped. Great Work Keep it up!

Thanks :) I tried to keep it classy and in a style fitting of the Wings.

Ah yes, Thunderpuck. Those were the days.

This is an excellent alt. Really the last two concepts I've seen have been great without destroying the tradition.

mainescarf.png

Archived