La.-Monroe to change mascots.

sacker12

Why not the Monroe Doctrines? You could have a mascot made up to look like a document, carrying a quill pen.

Or maybe the Monroe Marilyns? Put a grate shooting up air under where the cheerleaders stand...

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Why not the Monroe Doctrines? You could have a mascot made up to look like a document, carrying a quill pen.

Or maybe the Monroe Marilyns? Put a grate shooting up air under where the cheerleaders stand...

Because it's a university, not a professional team. It's the University of Louisiana at Monroe. See?

dodgers-1.png

I went to school there, There have been many ideas. Maroons, Copperheads, Labadors, Catahoula Tick Hounds (state dawg) or Aviators( ed. program at school) Black Bears. If anyone wants to help, our colors are Maroon, vegas gold and white. WE NEED HELP! We have no clue.

Why not ThunderDucks? Bullfrogs? FireAnts? Clowns?

:cursing:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

ULM and Marketing goes together like Adolph Rupp and Snopp Dogg. We have a tendency to um, think small when it comes to marketing ourselves. We have been in a holding pattern since changing to ULM from Northest Louisiana University. You'd be suprised how many alums have turned their back on the school since the name change. If you look at our old logo, it was made by using MS paint by a FB video employee.

http://ulmathletics.collegesports.com/

Yep, it saved a few pennies. I'd be great of we could come up with something that would be marketable, like UL Lafayette's chili pepper. :cursing:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Steamboats - The City of Monroe was named after the first steam-powered vessel to ply the Ouachita River, a paddle-wheel steamer named the Monroe.

Snaggers - During the late 1800s and early 1900s, snagging crews of four or five laborers would manually remove sunken logs and floating debris from the Ouachita River using nothing more than a hand-turned winch and a lift pole. Both the laborers and their vessels (often little more than glorified barges) were called "snaggers".

Pilots - References pilots of both the nautical and aeronautical variety. The former were responsible for navigating both the Ouachita River and Bayou DeSiard, thus playing a crucial role in the growth and development of Northeast Louisiana. The latter were on hand when Delta Air Lines was founded - and headquartered - at what is now Monroe Regional Airport.

My other submissions referencing the nautical and/or aeronautical history of the region were Aviators, Flyers, Bayou Flyers and Bayou Pilots.

BayouBears.jpg

Found this from Northern Colorado's site

Keeping with the Bayou Bears

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I heard 'Mallards' way back when the name change first took place,as I was at school there then.A couple of weeks ago when it was announced the name would be changed it seemed 'Mocassins(SP)' was the front-runner.The original Mocassins were our WPHL team from 1997-2001.I loved that team as did many die-hards but poor ownership/management ultimately did them in.Man I miss that team.Back on subject I did also hear that the colors would remain the same.I remember hearing several times over back in 1999 that our colors would go to blue/navy and silver if/when we went to the 'Mallards' name.As a side note,I was the first student with a 'ULM' t-shirt.The day they announced the change I went home and hand painted the logo onto a gray t-shirt and wore it around campus the whole semester,using

my early guess of what would become the actual logo.

98Falcons.png

Moccasins was the nickname of UTC back in the day....Now its just the Mocs but doesn't refer to the Moccasin snake or the Mockingbird (even though their stuffed and logo mascot is a mockingbird)...for a time their mascot was even the Mocassin shoe...

Confusing I know.

Snaggers - During the late 1800s and early 1900s, snagging crews of four or five laborers would manually remove sunken logs and floating debris from the Ouachita River using nothing more than a hand-turned winch and a lift pole. Both the laborers and their vessels (often little more than glorified barges) were called "snaggers".

I like this one. It is unique and could make for a unique and very cool logo. I like team names that make me ask "What is a ..... ?" Makes me learn things :)

Archived